Using YOICS.net to connect

Post any feedback and comments you have on our IP Camera support.

Using YOICS.net to connect

Postby scottddavis71 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:37 pm

I have 2 Astak Mole cameras, that I use YOICS.net to connect externally to the cameras. I cannot figure out what settings to use in MobiLinc with the IP Camera plug-in, to make this work.

I can connect to both cameras using local IP's, and I can connect to 1 camera using my dynamic IP assigned from Verizon FiOS. I'd like to use the YOICS.net service, which I already pay for, to connect to these cameras externally, rather than set up another service such as DynDNS.

Any assistance you can provide to help me get this to work would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Scott D
scottddavis71

Re: Using YOICS.net to connect

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi Scott,

How do you connect to your cameras now through Yoics using a web browser from outside of your LAN? I'm assuming it's something like: http://yocis.net:1000. What username and password source do you use to log in? The Yoics login or camera username and password?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby scottddavis71 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:33 am

I can connect from outside the LAN by going to either Yoics.net or Yoics.com, and enter a user name and password. the resulting screen after logging in shows my 2 cameras. I can click on either camera to get to the "controls" screen. I can also get to "advanced" settings which shows each camera using my Dyn IP address and a unique port number.

In MobilLinc Pro, I can get one camera to display by entering my Dynamic IP address, and use port 80. But using either unique port number from "advnaced"settings in Yoics will not allow the camera to be displayed. i get the "profile not found" error.

(Edit: I think i have got it to work. had to go to Router and set up port forwarding. External port was number assigned by Yoics. Internal port 80, and that is working! now to test when I'm acutally away from my home network later today to confirm.)
scottddavis71

Postby AdminWes » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:28 pm

Thanks Scott, let me know how it goes.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feedback and Comments