Panasonic BL-C131A audio

Post any feedback and comments you have on our IP Camera support.

Panasonic BL-C131A audio

Postby bmah » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi! I've got a pair of Panasonic BL-C131A cameras, and the brand-new (as I type this) MobiLinc Pro v3.11.00 for iOS, with the camera plug-in. Viewing stuff works great, pan/tilt work great, and I just realized how to get scene controls to show up on the camera pages. Life is good.

My question is: Should I expect audio from these cameras to work? I have RTSP configured on port 80, and it seems that MobiLinc can read the stream, but I'm not sure if there's really any audio data sent in the stream, and if so, whether it's in a form that MobiLinc can decode. I'm under the (perhaps mistaken) impression that this might work.

Thanks!

Bruce.
bmah

Re: Panasonic BL-C131A audio

Postby AdminWes » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi Bruce,

It's a good question. If you don't see a audio level slider appear on the RTSP setup page, then MobiLinc is not detecting an audio stream in the RTSP data.

One way you can verify on your own is to use VLC on your platform of choice to view your camera's RTSP stream. If VLC doesn't see audio, then I'm afraid that the camera very likely is not sending audio over the RTSP interface or it's a proprietary sound format not adhering to standards.

Doing a quick Google search yielded this: http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=46896
It's appears like there might be audio there, but isn't capable of being decoded by standards based players like VLC or FFMPEG libraries.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby bmah » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:46 pm

HI Wes--

I don't see an audio level slider, so that doesn't sound real promising, especially in light of the forum posts. I'll give VLC a try as you suggested and will report results.

Thanks!

Bruce.
bmah

Postby bmah » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:21 pm

Hi Wes--

Well, I tried VLC, and kind of as expected, I got a (somewhat jittery) video stream, with no audio. Well at least we tried, thanks anyway!

Bruce.
bmah

Postby AdminWes » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:06 am

Thanks Bruce for the follow-up. Sorry that your camera isn't making audio easy for you. That's been the biggest challenge in supporting cameras. There are so many manufactures out there that all decide to do their own implementation not realizing that they are limiting their options to integrate with other software providers.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feedback and Comments