External ip camera connection

Post any feedback and comments you have on our IP Camera support.

External ip camera connection

Postby Thelopi » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:26 pm

I was hoping you can help me trouble shoot. I have a smartlinc system with about 15 relays that have been working fine for about a year. I recently installed 3 smartlinc cameras (Foscam really) and can connect externally to each camera individually using a web browser. I can see and move these cameras using Mobilinc when connected to my router but when I connect to an external Wifi and try the external IP address, the cameras will not respond through Mobilinc. The lights work well when accessing from externally. I'm using port 9010 for my smartlinc. I've tried numerous high ports for Smartlinc with the same problem Any suggestions?
Thelopi

Re: External ip camera connection

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:59 am

Hi Thelopi,

This is our post on external access for cameras: http://forum.mobilinc.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2423&sid=57b7ee4340b81d75b9398725892f54cd

Beyond this, I'd need to see all your settings for your cameras in MobiLinc, your router's port forward rules, and the camera's themselves to understand where the disconnect is happening with external access. If you want to send all that information to support@mobilinc.com, I'll be happy to take a look.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feedback and Comments