Q-See QS558-493-1 8-Channel Full D1 DVR

Post any feedback and comments you have on our IP Camera support.

Q-See QS558-493-1 8-Channel Full D1 DVR

Postby Techhungry » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:01 pm

Hey Wes,

About to purchase the Insteon ISY-994i starter kit with Mobilinc HD on your website. For the surveillance system, I am looking at the Q-See QS558-493 8 channel, as it fits my needs well enough. Just wanted to make sure Mobilinc supports this DVR and and can make use of the pan/ tilt features of one of the cams. My primary need is to be able to view my cameras from my iPhone or ipad while away. This includes making use of the recently added Mobilinc camera plugin to use the pan/tilt features of one of the cams in the DVR set. By the way, It is an H.264 DVR(HTSP).

Also, if you have any feedback on this or any similar DVRs as to how the system's offerings seem to be redundant with what Mobilinc offers, that would be great. ie. software for remote viewing. In other words, are we wasting our money with some of these feature sets? With all the research I've done on Mobilinc and surveillance systems, nobody has really addressed that elephant.

Mobilinc certainly has an incredible product from what I've read and the support forums have been invaluable in helping me get started. I pasted the model and a couple specifics below.

Thank you.
Shawn

Q-See QS558-493-1 8-Channel Full D1 DVR with 3 High-Resolution Cameras, 1 Pan-Tilt Camera and Pre-Installed 1 TB Hard Drive (Black/White)
Techhungry

Re: Q-See QS558-493-1 8-Channel Full D1 DVR

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:56 pm

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for your kind words!

MobiLinc should be able to support your Q-See DVR IF it supports RTSP. Can you confirm through their manual that it supports the RTSP protocol? If you have the manual in PDF or electronic form, can you shoot me a copy at support@mobilinc.com?

Currently we don't have any Pan/Tilt settings for Q-See cameras. If you can grant us access to your DVR remotely we can pop in and evaluate the commands necessary to get Pan/Tilt working with MobiLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feedback and Comments