Multiple Camera configurations

Post any feedback and comments you have on our IP Camera support.

Multiple Camera configurations

Postby equisol » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:24 pm

Hello;

I hope you can lead me in the right direction. All my cameras work well, but I have more than one profile for each, i.e. one profile using my internal IP addresses, such as 192.168.xxx.xxx and one external using my external IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:nnnn where the last four digits are different ports that map to each camera.. When I look at "My Cameras" on my iPad while in reach of my WIFI, I see my cameras, but also four blank windows that are that are the cameras with the external IP addresses, and when I am roaming, I see the reverse, i.e. the cameras using the external IP, and four blank windows.
Is there a way for the software to only display either the windows using the internal addresses or the external addresses? Geofencing maybe? or is it a configuration option?

Thank you in advance.
equisol

Re: Multiple Camera configurations

Postby AdminWes » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:31 am

Hi equisol,

The recommended approach is to only use the external IP address for the IP field. This method should work with the majority of router's on the market. This does require that the router support "IP Loopback". Since it sounds like your router might not support this, take a look and see if your router manufacturer has an updated firmware you can load that might fix or enable this feature.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby equisol » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:32 pm

Thanks a lot Wes. Will do.
equisol

Postby equisol » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:43 am

AdminWes wrote:Hi equisol,

The recommended approach is to only use the external IP address for the IP field. This method should work with the majority of router's on the market. This does require that the router support "IP Loopback". Since it sounds like your router might not support this, take a look and see if your router manufacturer has an updated firmware you can load that might fix or enable this feature.

Wes

Wes;

it may be perfect fit for Geo Fencing. When you are outside of the perimeter of your network i.e. more that 200 feet way use profile 1 for your cameras (external IP address), and if you are within the perimeter use profile 2 (internal IP address). As you mentioned, not all routers support "loopback".
This would be a nice feature, and Geo Fencing would be a fit.

Pierre
equisol

Postby AdminWes » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:21 am

Hi Pierre,

That's an interesting idea, but there's some inherent issues with relaying on location for what IP address to use. We're designing another solution that should for all cameras and Wi-Fi networks. It's in the very early stages, but stay tuned.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feedback and Comments