AirVision support

Post any feedback and comments you have on our IP Camera support.

AirVision support

Postby atomicop » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Has any work been done to support AirVision (the software used to control Ubiquiti AirCam devices)?

I setup a couple of test cameras, each works fine individually, but not once I add them to AirVision.
According to their site:
When a camera is managed by airVision 2 the on-board RTSP video streams are disabled for 3rd party access using tools like VLC or QuickTime. The work-around is to proxy the camera video through airVision 2, where a 'strm' file may be generated from the airVision 2 management console to access the camera video using HLS.

I can open these for testing, if needed. The entire system is currently only a test environment.

Otherwise, the plugin has been working pretty well for me. I only wish I could more easily know what settings were in each profile (perhaps a profile rename option, with the ability to see settings as well, or some more info in a screen overlay, etc).

I'm currently using AirVision 2.1.3 and I have an AirCam and AirCam Dome to test.
iOS software is Orchestrated MobiLinc 3.21.03.

If any other information is useful, please let me know.
atomicop

Re: AirVision support

Postby AdminWes » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:36 pm

Hi there,

We haven't seen an AirVision camera. If your offer is still open, please send me your camera's connection information to support@mobilinc.com and include for each camera:

External IP
Port numbers of the cameras (including the RTSP port)
username
password

I'll take a look and see what we can do to support these cameras. I'm not sure I follow the website note about disabling the RTSP streams when managed by airVision 2. Are you forwarding the airVision 2 software through the router? Also, what is HLS?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Re: AirVision support

Postby atomicop » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:42 pm

I should clarify: it is NVR software, not a camera.

I will forward the information through the router, for your testing, tomorrow.
This fails even on my internal network, because it no longer allows RTSP (I believe because it is streaming that, or similar, to the NVR software already and it would tax the camera cpu too much. but that is a theory).

I had no idea what HLS was either. I only searched briefly, but it appears to be a HTTP based video streaming option.

I'll get the external test stuff up and running and shoot out an email tomorrow. Thanks for the fast response.
atomicop

Return to Feedback and Comments