Camera Controls, Pan/Tilt, etc. Where are they?

Post any feedback and comments you have on our IP Camera support.

Camera Controls, Pan/Tilt, etc. Where are they?

Postby TheSidewinder » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:58 am

Bear with me please, have a question or two and some feedback.

I bought Orchestrated Mobilinc (which I DO LOVE, by the way) and the 99 cent "IP Cameras" plugin for it. Primitive, but it offers pan/tilt and sound. However, it does not appear to have any controls beyond that, at least directly on the viewing screen. Have to go to My Settings -> IP Camera Settings -> (choose a camera) -> Cam Settings. These are Insteon 75790 cams (which are rebranded "god-knows-what" cameras. Foscam maybe?)

Today I bought the $4.99 stand-alone "MobiLinc Cam Viewer" since the screenshots for it in your Gallery show controls that the 99 cent plugin doesn't have.

Problem is, the screenshots are showing controls that I do not have (or at least, can't FIND), on the iPad Mini.

See the screenshots in the Gallery page, here:

http://mobilinc.com/apps/mobilinccamviewer/

From left to right, top to bottom, images 2,3, and especially 4 and 5 of the Garage, show controls and a graph and so forth. I see what's in picture FIVE, but not what's in picture FOUR. No controls, no sliding (other than right, to see "Camera Collections"), no menu buttons, just the image.

I'm using an iPad Mini, as said, and am wondering if it's the cameras I'm using (Insteon 75790)? I've tried selecting the camera type as INSTEON or Foscam/Variant, same result.

Where are those missing controls?! When I view an individual camera, there is no motion control. Swiping, sliding, etc does nothing but move the *screen*, there's no movement of the *camera*. I can slide right, so I see the "Camera Collections", and the controls for edit,clone, audio, etc of the camera I'm viewing, but where are Pan/Tilt controls? When setting them up, one of the 2 or 3 "confirmation" screens showed pan/tilt and it worked there. But once the camera was added/confirmed.... can't find pan/tilt. Almost looks as though the program thinks the screen is much larger and they're hiding "below" the bottom of the screen that I *can* see. There's nothing "below" the bottom of the viewed image. Slide up does nothing. I can take a screenshot, or turn on/off the audio on that screen, but that's it.

What am I missing?
TheSidewinder

Re: Camera Controls, Pan/Tilt, etc. Where are they?

Postby AdminWes » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:49 pm

Hi TheSidewinder,

Thank you for your purchases! Very much appreciate your support. Some comments:

The IP Camera plug-in for Orchestrated MobiLinc was released last year. We since then worked on a brand new interface with additional control options and released it as a standalone app, MobiLinc Cam Viewer. We have integrated the new MobiLinc Cam Viewer into our other MobiLinc apps as the IP Camera Plug-In. Look for this update here soon.

Let's focus on the controls in the separate Cam Viewer.

First question, are you holding the iPad vertically? If horizontal, you see what's in picture 5. A full screen view. Rotate vertically to see the additional controls.

These cameras are rebranded FOSCAM cameras. You can select "Smarthome" or "FOSCAM" as the camera type.

As long as you have Pan/tilt selected and working during the setup, you'll get the pan/tilt controls on the single selection screen with the iPad rotated vertically.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby TheSidewinder » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:08 pm

Oh do I feel stupid now. Rotated it, and the controls showed right up. Duh.

But one more thing I noticed... By default, the left right (pan?) is reversed. Easy fix of course, just reverse horizontal controls.

Also getting "crash to main screen" when I edit controls, though not every time, nor frequent enough to be more than an annoyance, but thought I'd report it anyway.

Appreciate the help!!!
TheSidewinder

Postby AdminWes » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:10 pm

Sure thing!

We've got an update just about prepped that does address some minor bugs we've found. Perhaps the issue you are seeing with the edit will be addressed in the next release. Please let me know what you find out after the next update.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby TheSidewinder » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:27 pm

Naturally, never do in one reply what you can drag into two...

Figured out what the numbered buttons are, the Pre-Sets I had setup with the web interface direct to the camera.

But can you "Set" a pre-set in this app?

And glad to hear an update is on the way.
TheSidewinder

Postby AdminWes » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:38 pm

Naturally, of course ;)

But can you "Set" a pre-set in this app?

Not yet, but it's something we're considering adding.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby TheSidewinder » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:07 am

Ah, good.

It's not a REALLY important feature, since it can be set from the web interface and is remembered, but would be handy to have.

Do you have a rough ETA on the next update you mentioned? I do understand if you can't say (I work for a software developer, so I know "the other side of the fence").

Thanks!
TheSidewinder

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:34 pm

Hi TheSidewinder,

I don't have a firm ETA. I can say that we are close to releasing it to our beta testers in the next few weeks with a release following the beta test cycle.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feedback and Comments