Samsung SNV-6013

Post any feedback and comments you have on our IP Camera support.

Samsung SNV-6013

Postby CraigK » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:29 pm

Hello,

This is a fairly new camera by Samsung that I am unable to get working on iOS. It does support RTSP protocol. So far I am only able to get it working on my local network by using Samsung's iPolis app. However, I can't get it working externally through iPolis because the model is not yet listed in their DDNS service! I guess I picked a camera that is just too new. Any help?

Thanks
CraigK

Re: Samsung SNV-6013

Postby AdminWes » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:32 am

Hi Craig,

Do you have the exact RTSP path for the camera? This is something that would/should be in the camera's manual. If you can send that to me either here or to support@mobilinc.com I can get it added to MobiLinc.

Look for a path that starts with:

rtsp://

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby CraigK » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:22 pm

Hi Wes,

Thanks for your quick reply. There was no path indicated in the manual so I did a search on line and found this for the SNV-6013:

rtsp://ip_address/profile2/media.smp

It was not on Samsung's website so it may not be correct. If it doesn't work I will try to contact them again but they have not responded so far.

Thank you.
CraigK

Postby AdminWes » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:29 am

Hi Craig,

Thanks. I've added this path to MobiLinc.

To get the updated database, open MobiLinc and:
- Go to your camera's settings.
- Tap "Camera Type"
- Tap "Refresh" in the upper right corner.
- Verify version 173 or later is installed.
- Select Samsung from the list.

The path below is RTSP Profile 3.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby CraigK » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:40 am

Hello again Wes,

Thank you, I have it working now. I had a little trouble with the external access as port forwarding 80 did not work (my service provider claims they do not block 80). The camera software also lists a "web streaming port" but forwarding that did not work either. I have to forward the RTSP port 554 for it to work and maybe this is common sense but I only know enough about networks to be dangerous :)

MobiLinc is a great app and my friends are always impressed when I show it to them. Please keep the new features coming!
CraigK

Postby AdminWes » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:09 pm

Excellent! Thanks Craig! Glad you've got it all working.

The very best thing you can do for me is to leave MobiLinc a great review on the app store. Good positive reviews spur sales which allows us to keep releasing new features and support the community.

The quickest way to leave a review is to open iTunes and search for your MobiLinc app. Under the reviews section in iTunes you can leave us a review.

Thanks Craig!
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feedback and Comments