Insteon Camera

Post any feedback and comments you have on our IP Camera support.

Insteon Camera

Postby thewabit » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:03 am

I am having trouble understanding sound and 2-way communication using mobilinc HD. I have a new insteon indoor camera. Does this camera support RTSP?
thewabit

Re: Insteon Camera

Postby AdminWes » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:33 pm

Hi there,

Yes, please update MobiLinc to the latest, 4.1, from the App Store. When setting up your camera, pick the SmartHome/INSTEON camera type and be sure to enter in both the port number and RTSP port number.

When walking through the camera setup, JPEG profile 2 should work, disable MJPEG as the camera doesn't support it. Both RTSP profiles should work.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby thewabit » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:06 pm

Wes,

Thanks for the reply. I have my RTSP local port the same as the other local port. And the RTSP away port the same as the other away port. Is that correct? As I scroll through the setup, the JPEG and MJPEG work great. But not the RTSP. Any other hints?
thewabit

Postby AdminWes » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:21 am

I was assuming your camera is the HD version. However, since MJPEG is working then your camera isn't the new HD version with RTSP. Usually cameras that support RTSP do not support MJPEG.

Please leave the RTSP port blank and use JPEG/MJPEG.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby gspitale » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:09 pm

I have the same issue described here - MobilincHD v4.4.1, trying to use an Insteon 2864-22x HD IP cam.

Performance is very inconsistent - using a browser (Mac or Windows), I can wirelessly (computer and cam) connect to cam and receive HD video and audio.

Using MobilincHD, I've tried Insteon and Foscam types - and sometimes it will very the JPEG Image settings and sometimes not, but I have yet to have it work with RTSP.

On my ios device, I can log into the camera directly using Safari, but MobilincHD plug in and Mobilinc Cam Viewer will not connect to the camera.

Note that I am not trying to connect outside my local network - only inside for now.
gspitale

Postby AdminWes » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:35 pm

Hi gspitale,

Let's start with your settings. Please send the following to support@mobilinc.com:

- Screenshot of your MobiLinc->Camera Settings
- Screenshot of your camera running in a browser on a PC/MAC.
- Verification that your iOS device is on the same WiFi network as your camera.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby moggieuk » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:45 pm

Hi,

I'm having the same problems articulated here with the Insteon HD camera (2864-226). Specifically the JPEG connection works fine but the RTSP does not. Sometimes if I leave it long enough (about 90 seconds) it will connect and the video appears to "catch up" playing very quickly. Often it will not connect at all. All my tests have been on my LAN using my iPhone 6 with Orchestrated Mobilinc.

Is the Insteon cam profile suppose to work or is there another option for the HD camera?

Thanks.

- Paul.
moggieuk

Postby AdminWes » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi Paul,

Both the Smarthome/INSTEON profile and the Foscam profile will work with the INSTEON cameras.

Based on your description of the slow to connect, but fast video once synced, when I've seen this it's due to a mangled RTSP stream from the camera. That could happen for a couple of reasons:

1. The camera is on a weak Wi-Fi connection and doesn't have a good solid connection. To test, move the camera to a wired connection and try again.
2. The iOS device is on a weak connection. To test, make sure that the iOS device is in the same room as the Wi-Fi router.
3. The camera is setup to send a very large or high quality image stream. To test, reduce the size of the stream down in the camera's settings.
4. The camera really might have gone bad and isn't able to send proper RTSP data any more.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feedback and Comments