Insteon HD Camera

Post any feedback and comments you have on our IP Camera support.

Re: Insteon HD Camera

Postby Johnathan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:34 pm

Wes,
I was able to setup the Insteon 2684-232 R5 using the local port 34102 (changed from 34100 factory setting) and RTSP port 554 and see the video stream on the Mobilinc App while my iPhone was connected to the router network. There was no option to turn on/off the ONVIF that I could find in the setup software and the ONVIF port was already assigned as 888.
The problem is in the remote mode when the iPhone is not connected to the router network it cannot connect to the camera. I have port forwarded 34102 and 554, confirmed the ports are open, and double checked the external IP address. Any suggestions?
Johnathan

Postby Johnathan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:10 pm

Wes,
Is it possible that the video settings may be too high for the remote connection. Do you have any recommended video settings (bit rate, fps, etc) for the initial setup?
JC
Johnathan

Postby AdminWes » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:08 am

Hi JC,

It's possible the upload bandwidth of your internet connection can't support what the camera is trying to send. To investigate this, run a bandwidth test on a computer local and see what your upload capability is. Something like: http://www.speedtest.net/

Then, change the camera's settings to be under the upload bandwidth requirements.

In all likeliness, there is a settings issue somewhere that's the problem instead. Please send the following to support@mobilinc.com so I can help:

MobiLinc:
- Screenshot of your camera’s settings page. You can take a screenshot on iOS devices by pressing the top power button and the bottom home button at the same time.

IP Camera Tool:
- Screenshot of your IP Camera discovery tool running on your PC or MAC showing your discovered IP Camera.
OR
- A screenshot of your IP Camera in a web browser showing the camera’s address when you are connected from a PC/MAC.

The results of going to: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=what+is+my+ip

Finally, please provide a screenshot of your router’s port forward page showing the routing to your camera.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Johnathan » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:38 pm

Done. Thanks.
JC
Johnathan

Postby AdminWes » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:33 am

Thanks JC. I received and responded with changes you'll need to make in the settings to get the external path working.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Johnathan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:39 pm

Wes,

I have just tried to set up an Insteon 2864-222 Rev 4.1 on the Mobilinc app and cannot get it linked up. According to the Insteon Setup Wizard this camera only has HTTP and HTTPS ports (no RSTP port). Any suggestions?

JC
Johnathan

Postby AdminWes » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:19 pm

Hi JC,

You need to enable ONVIF/RTSP option in the camera's settings.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Johnathan » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:13 pm

Wes,

Found that option on the setup and enabled the function and set RTSP port. Still no connection can be found. Which profile should I be using?

JC
Johnathan

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:19 am

Hi JC,

Either RTSP Profile for Smarthome/INSTEON camera type works assuming that the RTSP Port in the camera settings in MobiLinc matches the port number in the camera's settings for RTSP.

RTSP Profile 1 is the main stream. RTSP Profile 2 is the substream.

If you can't get this working, please send me the following to support@mobilinc.com:

MobiLinc:
- Screenshot of your camera’s settings page. You can take a screenshot on iOS devices by pressing the top power button and the bottom home button at the same time.

Camera config:
- Screenshot of the RTSP/ONVIF settings showing also the camera's IP address in the browser.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Feedback and Comments