Dual RTSP streams?

Post any feedback and comments you have on our IP Camera support.

Dual RTSP streams?

Postby andyf0 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:16 pm

Hi Wes,

Just added a new Foscam camera in my house. Now I have 2 HD Foscam cameras, one outdoor and one indoor, both run the same software/firmware. I just setup the indoor camera and while I can view each camera individually I can't show both at the same time. Only the outdoor camera is shown with live video. They both use RTSP to stream the live video but when I have it showing both only the outdoor camera is shown.

When showing both cameras, on the iPad it just shows a black screen (no animated whirly thing) and on the iPhone it reports the camera is not responding and retrying.

Is this because you can't do two RTSP streams at the same time?

Please help

Andy
andyf0

Re: Dual RTSP streams?

Postby AdminWes » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:11 pm

Hi Andy,

Actually there's no software limit in MobiLinc for multiple RTSP streams. You'll run into a CPU limit well before MobiLinc will.

Keep in mind that when viewing multiple cameras at the same time, MobiLinc will use the JPEG or MJPEG profiles (if one is selected) for the multi-cam view until you tap to go into single camera mode (then it uses the high-CPU RTSP).

If you want to use RTSP everywhere, make sure to select "Do Not Use" for the JPEG and MJPEG profiles when walking through the setup of your camera in MobiLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:21 pm

Perfect. That fixed it. These cameras don't appear to do MJPEG. Either in MobiLinc or if I try manually in a browser. Disabling MJPEG in that camera worked like a charm.

Thank you for your very quick response.
Andy
andyf0

Postby AdminWes » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:39 pm

Sure thing Andy!

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feedback and Comments