Samsung SNF-7010VM fisheye camera

Post any feedback and comments you have on our IP Camera support.

Samsung SNF-7010VM fisheye camera

Postby CraigK » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi Wes,

I’ve only seen one other forum post concerning MobiLinc support for fisheye type cameras.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2580&p=4864&hilit=fisheye&sid=09cc77cbb779f3c7c9379658c6420c65#p4864

As with the other user, I would like to stream multiple channels concurrently. It appears from your last post on this topic that you would be able to do this but I wanted to be sure before I purchased subject camera. If you could, please give me any information you can or what else you would need from me.

Thanks!
CraigK

Re: Samsung SNF-7010VM fisheye camera

Postby AdminWes » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi Craig,

I have no idea what the RTSP stream looks like for this camera. That post you referenced was for another brand with a really odd RTSP implementation (I haven't seen any other manufacturer do it that way since). I certainly hope this camera doesn't do what that camera did for RTSP.

Do you have a PDF version of the manual? If so, what does it say about RTSP support? Hopefully it lists out the full RTSP stream path. IE: rtsp://ipaddress:554/channel01.sdp

The specific RTSP path is what I'd need to confirm or add support for this camera. If you can post that here or send to support@mobilinc.com I'll take a look.

FYI: MobiLinc certainly can stream multiple RTSP channels at a time. The camera may limit the number of connections, but MobiLinc shouldn't have any issues.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby CraigK » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:49 pm

Wes,

I didn't see a path in the manual:

http://www.samsungsecurity.com/product/ ... 0#FL010000

But I did find this on another website which is exactly the same path as another Samsung (traditional dome camera) you helped me with some months ago:

rtsp://ip_address/profile2/media.smp

Samsung's documentation says that the fisheye camera can stream up to 6 profiles at a time. I suppose I would have to establish the profiles in the camera setup and then create a different "camera" (i.e. view) for each of those profiles in MobiLinc?

Thanks
CraigK

Postby AdminWes » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:18 am

Hi Craig,

I looked at our RTSP profiles in MobiLinc and the following line up:

MobiLinc RTSP Profile 3 = rtsp://ip_address/profile2/media.smp
MobiLinc RTSP Profile 4 = rtsp://ip_address/profile3/media.smp

If you can get your camera's profile 2 and 3 working with the MobiLinc RTSP profiles 3/4 please let me know so I can add better support for all the possible camera profiles.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby CraigK » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:52 pm

Hi again Wes,

I finally received this camera and can get MobiLinc RTSP Profile 3 only to work. I've not determined a way in MobiLinc to view anything but the raw fisheye view. This is OK but is it possible to view single panorama, double panorama, quad, etc. and digitally pan or would these require a feature update?

Thank you.
CraigK

Postby AdminWes » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:46 am

Hi Craig,

What I'm hoping for is that the camera offers these view output formats if addressed properly from the RTSP stream.

If you have external access enabled for the camera, and you like me to investigate, please send me your external IP, port, RTSP port, and the camera's username/password to support@mobilinc.com and I'll investigate adding support.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feedback and Comments