Zavio IP Cam

Post any feedback and comments you have on our IP Camera support.

Zavio IP Cam

Postby gspitale » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:46 am

I posted earlier about issues with an Insteon IP Cam, but after looking at the lack of firmware support and a few other issues I decided to return it and get a Zavio camera.

Camera: Zavio F3115 HD
Local network: wired and wireless
Local computer: PC (wired) and Mac (wireless)
iOS mobile apps: IP Cam plug in for Mobilinc HD, MobiLincCam; all mobile devices on the same wireless network as the Mac

Using the Mac and the PC, I can get very good quality sound and video stream from the camera with the camera connect to either wired or wireless network.

Using the Mobilinc HD plug in and MoviLincCam, I get the same results: setup the camera, and the JPEG camera setup page is "successful", but neither MJPEG or RTSP setup will work.

The camera video profile settings are:
Encoding: H264
Resolution: 1280x800
Max frame rate: 30 fps
Quality: "Detailed", Max Bit Rate "Off"
Audio: On

I've tried other camera profile settings also:
Encoding: MJPEG
Resolution: various down to 160x120
Quality: down to "standard"

All camera settings I can see video and hear audio on the PC and the Mac, but only JPEG will work on the mobile devices.

Suggestions/help on what to try?
gspitale

Re: Zavio IP Cam

Postby AdminWes » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:18 pm

Hello,

I'll likely need to connect to your camera to investigate support for it. Is the RTSP address listed in the manual? It'll look something like: rtsp://ip_address:554/path/to/feed

If you can't find the RTSP path, please send the following to support@mobilinc.com:

- External IP address
- Web Port and RTSP Port
- Username/Password

We’ll connect from our lab and verify the MobiLinc settings you need or we’ll attempt to add support for your camera model into MobiLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feedback and Comments