IP Camera motion alarm On/Off feature

Post any new feature requests you'd like to see with our IP Camera support.

IP Camera motion alarm On/Off feature

Postby Goblin » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:17 pm

Guys,

I believe, this feature will be helpful and useful.
See, I wake up at home (yes, I turn on motion detector on some cameras at home during the night time) or entering my home, I would like to turn off (some, such as living room) cameras' motion detection email alert, and when I leave my promises - turn it on. It will be a HUGE deal.

Also, I'm wondering if it's possible to make this switch based on in/out home location automatically.
Yes, I know there could be an issue with my relatives who live in my home, but ... Please advise.

Thank you for a GREAT product!
Goblin

Re: IP Camera motion alarm On/Off feature

Postby AdminWes » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:27 am

We likely won't have this feature in the IP Camera plug-in. Currently we're working on supporting Pan/Tilt/Zoom and presets for IP Cameras. Other features like IR ON/OFF, Sound, Relay ON/OFF may be coming as well.

The problem is every camera is different and this kind of feature would be fairly low-level to attempt to support across the board.

Have you considered using the ISY controller? It could do what you want. The ISY-994 PRO model has an optional Network Interface module that enables the ISY to talk to network devices and send them commands either as part of a program (that MobiLinc can run) or through a condition you can set (leaving the house, arriving at home etc). If you are interested in the ISY I'd be happy to talk to you more about it's features and how you might go about setting this up. You'd have to know what the network command/address is to turn motion detection ON/OFF for you camera to insert into the ISY.

http://mobilincstore.com/system/isy-994i-plm-combo.html

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to New Feature Requests