Tasker lights geolocation

Share how you want to integrate with Tasker!

Tasker lights geolocation

Postby troy.lynch » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:02 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to create a tasker program that is like the geolocation funtion on the iphone app. I just recent switched to an Android phone and would like the lights to turn on when I get home. Which I've created a program that turns the lights on just fine the problem is I can't change the program of the lights while I am in the gps location. If I change it it goes right back after so long because of tasker. Is there a way to create a program in tasker where it turns them on when I get to the location but I can change the light scene if I want and then when I leave it shuts everything off but if I want I can change it? Any help on this would be great

Thanks
Troy
troy.lynch

Postby mwareman » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:33 am

Couple of things.

If you are using autolocation for the geofence, make sure you under 'Exit Geofence She Connectios Lost' ( under Advanced'). Otherwise, a poor signal could cause your exit task to run.

If you are not using the auto location plugin, then, well, you should get autolocation - or use something other than GPS to trigger your profile (like a connection to your home WiFi). The native GPS trigger in Tasked is both battery hungry and relatively laggy.

Secondary to that - can you post the details of your entry and exit task?

Third, maybe you have a program or condition triggering on the ISY that you are running into. Many places to look.
mwareman

Re: Tasker lights geolocation

Postby troy.lynch » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:31 am

Thanks for the reply and the tips! Going to download the autolocation plugin right now.

basically what I am doing is running a change lights program on my ISY which is the same program I ran if I came into the area with the iphone app. I have a "House" profile which sets the location to 30m of my house.This runs a program in Mobilinc to the ISY called Welcome which will turn the lights on. Which obviously works. But then I can't ever change the lights while I'm in that geolocation so I'm looking for it to flip them on but then not do anything so I can adjust lights as I see fit while home and then when I leave I want it to shut everything off.
troy.lynch

Postby troy.lynch » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:22 pm

So I'm getting closer. What I was thinkin to do when I enter the geolocation is thurn the lights on and then disable that geolocation action. Is there a way to do this? And then have another action which is when I leave the geolocation and turn the other one back on.
troy.lynch

Postby troy.lynch » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:31 pm

Think I got it. I created a variable and had the task set it so it does run the task until I leave again.
troy.lynch

Return to Tasker Integration