Tasker expects Mobilinc to be running?

Share how you want to integrate with Tasker!

Tasker expects Mobilinc to be running?

Postby robbert2012 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:20 am

I seems that Mobilinc plugin for Tasker only works when the Mobilinc application is actually running. In my case, I have to start Mobilinc before I get location notifications from Tasker into my ISY at home.

Is there a way to always run Mobilinc? In the background?
Something similar to what Mobilinc does in IOS where it always runs in the background.
robbert2012

Re: Tasker expects Mobilinc to be running?

Postby AdminWes » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi robbert2012,

As long as you don't force close MobiLinc, it'll "run" in the background. The behavior here is almost identical to MobiLinc on iOS.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jerlands » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:07 pm

AdminWes wrote:Hi robbert2012,

As long as you don't force close MobiLinc, it'll "run" in the background. The behavior here is almost identical to MobiLinc on iOS.

Wes

I have the same issue on my S4 v.4.4.2 where I first need to address Mobilinc or it won't execute tasks.

Jon
jerlands

Postby AdminWes » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi Jon,

What does "first need to address Mobilinc" mean?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jerlands » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:31 pm

AdminWes wrote:Hi Jon,

What does "first need to address Mobilinc" mean?

Wes

I need to either tap the icon or from "recently opened" select Mobilinc. Mobilinc is not active after an extended period. I'm using it with Autolocation and it works fine if I first open Mobilinc but if not then it doesn't. Logs on Tasker show it being passed to Mobilinc but Mobilinc does not appear to execute..
jerlands

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:53 pm

Thanks Jon,

Are you or is Android setup to auto-close MobiLinc for any reason?

Once up and running, MobiLinc doesn't close out unless forced to by the user or by an OS or customization setting.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jerlands » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:20 am

AdminWes wrote:Thanks Jon,

Are you or is Android setup to auto-close MobiLinc for any reason?

Once up and running, MobiLinc doesn't close out unless forced to by the user or by an OS or customization setting.

Wes

I'm not closing Mobilinc and I don't know how to see if Android is. Tasker remains in the notification bar even though it's not shown as active in Task Manager but Mobilinc will show active in Task Manager if I view it shortly after opening Mobilinc but after time is not shown active in Task Manager so maybe it being closed?

Mobilinc never shows up in the notification bar...
jerlands

Postby AdminWes » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:37 am

Thanks Jon, it does sound like something is closing MobiLinc down at some point and not allowing it to run in the background which is required for Tasker integration.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby MechEng70 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:42 pm

Wes,

In order to run a program, Mobilinc has to be open and refreshed. I have been putting 5 second waits in the programs inorder to make sure that the mobilinc program is up and running and then the actions can be run.

1. Launch App
2. Wait 500 ms
3. Launch Mobilinc Plugin

FYI Mobilinc does not seem to refresh in the background. Everytime the screen locks or the user does something else, mobilinc has to refresh when brought to the foreground. My phone recently did a factory reset (2 days ago) and I haven't changed any behavior from the default.

-Jason
MechEng70

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:55 pm

Hi Jason,

That's correct, MobiLinc doesn't keep an active connection to your ISY in the background. If it did, that would greatly impact battery life. So, when you move MobiLinc from background to foreground, it reconnects for status.

However, MobiLinc *should* still be able to issue the Tasker commands when in background. We'll add this to our "investigate" list to verify. It's possible there's different behavior on the latest OS 4 release that wasn't there prior.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Next

Return to Tasker Integration