Reaching external router interface from inside house network

Post your new feature requests here! Future development features will be announced here.

Reaching external router interface from inside house network

Postby gjfrater » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:43 pm

Hi All,

I've had iLinc for a while now and ejnoy it, it's a great good balance between simple and capable. I just figured out how to enable my ISY99 for remote access, until now I was only able to control things while on my homes WiFi.

The problem with this is that my router only allows connections to it's external IP address from the Internet not from the internal WiFi side. Thus my iLinc software can either be set to talk to the external interface (from the Internet) or the ISY99 directly (my home WiFi). So I'm either reconfiguring my iLinc every day when I leave or get back home, or I have to turn off WiFi on my iPhone to force it to use the external connection. Is there a better way to do this? I saw the post about multple ISY profiles (http://www.mobileintegratedsolutions.com/utilities/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=150) and wondered if that might be a solution to my delema. How are others handling this?

Thanks,

Greg
gjfrater

Re: Reaching external router interface from inside house network

Postby AdminWes » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:16 am

Hi Greg,

Yes! Hang tight for the next release. I'm excited about the networking and profile features I've built into iLinc.

With the 2.1 release to be submitted to Apple (goal is next week) you will be able to configure multiple profiles. In each profile you can specify your external and internal IP address to your ISY in iLinc. iLinc will then auto-detect if you are on your WiFi local network with your ISY and connect over the HTTP local IP address. If iLinc detects your iPhone is connected over 3G or EDGE iLinc will automaticially use the external HTTPS IP information to connect to your ISY.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby gjfrater » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:05 pm

Wes,

That's great news! Thanks for making it self detect when your inside and outside I know that takes more effort, but we've all seen apps done by lazy programmers that leave you wanting. Keep up the good work, I've been looking forward to being able to pull my phone from my pocket and show (off) to friends what I can control in my house from my phone. Your app is making people think I'm really cool. :D

-Greg
gjfrater

Postby AdminWes » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:57 am

Hi Greg,

The 2.10 update has been release to Apple for approval:
http://www.mobileintegratedsolutions.com/utilities/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=155

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to New Features for MobiLinc