My buttons page

Post your new feature requests here! Future development features will be announced here.

My buttons page

Postby chicharon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:33 pm

Hi Wes,

Grate job on the latest update!!

Currently everything is very menu driven (select devices or scenes page -> select the device or scene -> select the command from the control pane). It would be nice to have a page with an array of buttons that directly issued a command when the button was pressed. Kind of like a remote KPL. The buttons could be selected like the favorite scenes are selected. The benefit would be to control a number of your favorite devices all from one screen without traversing the menu's for each. At a minimum it would be nice if they just toggled on and off when pressed.

Thanks again for the best App on my iPhone!
chicharon

Re: My buttons page

Postby AdminWes » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:16 am

Hi chicharon,

I'm glad you are enjoying the latest update! I agree, everything is very menu driven. You must be reading my mind as what you are suggesting is very similar to the next feature I'm currently working on. A remote type interface accessible from the Main page. Stay tuned for more details as I get closer to a release date for this next feature!

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby bwade913 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:31 pm

As someone who's trying to get an IRLinc Transmitter working with my ISY, a remote style interface would be very welcome. A home entertainment style layout similar to the Intelliremote app but less cluttered would be very nice to have.
bwade913

Postby 60Hz » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:11 pm

I completely LOVE iLinc Pro. It is smooth, professional, clean, easy to use, and very responsive. I agree wholeheartedly with a buttons page. Of course, it would be nice to assign icon images to the buttons from a diverse set of residential type pictures, but don't let that delay your development. The first release could be a set of simple numerical graphics [i.e., 0..9]. The ability to assign two-lines of small font text to each button would be fantastic. Buttons would act like simple single-function macros (e.g., Device X=Fast On, Program Y=Run Then, Scene Z=Off). Yummy stuff.
60Hz

Postby AdminWes » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:45 pm

Hi 60Hz,

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you are enjoying iLinc. Your description is very similar to what the My Buttons page will look like. Think, My Favorites, but in button form and supports devices, scenes, program, and network resource control.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to New Features for MobiLinc