Android?

Post your new feature requests here! Future development features will be announced here.

Android?

Postby BigLance » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:01 pm

I've been thinking about switching to an Android phone, but I can't live without MobiLinc. Any plans to port the app over to this up and coming OS?
BigLance

Re: Android?

Postby AdminWes » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:45 am

Hi BigLance,

I've been entertaining the idea of porting MobiLinc to Android. This is something that I'd like to do eventually, but right now I'm focused on bringing additional features and writing optional upgrade plug-ins for the current MobiLinc on the iPhone and iPod Touch. One of the driving factors is the market segment. With all the iPhones and iPod Touch devices on the market, Android is pretty small is comparision. I have a feeling this will change over the next year or so. As the Android market grows, so does my incentive to support that OS as well.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby LeadDogScott » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:01 pm

Wes,
Android has arrived. Any chance you will reconsider developing an ISY-99i app for all of us now using the new Droids? All tech pundits predict a backseat for the iphone.
LeadDogScott

Postby AdminWes » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi LeadDogScott,

Yes! We are working on an Android version of MobiLinc for the ISY. We do not have a timeframe established, but are committed to bring MobiLinc to Android.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby BigLance » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:30 pm

Thank goodness! I just read a report from Canalys at http://www.canalys.com/services/reports/spmt/index.html that states:

"Android devices collectively represented a 34% share of the US market in the quarter, and with growth of 851% Android became the largest smart phone platform in the country."

I've long since abandoned my iPhone for an Android Nexus One, and the only thing I miss is MobiLinc.
BigLance

Postby AdminWes » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:30 am

Thanks BigLance! I'm glad that MobiLinc has made such an impact.

All I can say is we are working away on the Android port and are committed to supporting the platform.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to New Features for MobiLinc