Multiple Feature Requests Inside

Post your new feature requests here! Future development features will be announced here.

Multiple Feature Requests Inside

Postby ekuzmack » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi - just got Mobilinc for my ISY99 and love it. I've got a few suggestions:

Scenario: I've got the garage door controller with the IOLINC hooked up to my ISY with two scenes - one represents the door open/close status, the other represents the actual door opener.

Requests:

Behavior: I'd like to be able to create something in ML that acts like a momentary push button. Today, for me to raise/lower the garage door, I need to go to scenes -> Garage Door -> then pick On (which I have renamed to Push). What I'd like is the ability to just touch the item in the list and have it trigger the action

Icons: I'd like to have a button icon to represent the scenario above

Text Colors: For the garage door, my IOLINC reports "On" for closed and "Off" for open. For my regular doors, those IOLINCs report "Off" for closed and "On" for open. I'd like the ability to specify colors on a per-scene basis or something so I can set "Closed" to be the same color regardless of the IOLINC status. Does that make sense?

Thanks!

Eric
ekuzmack

Re: Multiple Feature Requests Inside

Postby AdminWes » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi Eric,

MobiLinc supports mostly what you are looking for already.

If you tap the icon it will issue the command oppose of the state. So if the device is reporting off, MobiLinc will send the ON command when the icon is tapped.

To make your Garage Door act more like a push button, go into the ISY Admin Console and select your IO Linc. Then select the "Set Options" button. Set the IO Linc in Momentary B mode. That way the IO Linc responds to both ON and OFF commands.

Also recommended is to create a small program that queries the garage door control 3 seconds after sensing the garage door is switched on. That way the ISY always has the right garage door control. This is useful because the IO Linc does not send out a status update in Momentary mode after turning OFF.

For icons have you seen all the icon choices under Advanced Options for scenes and devices? We have switch icons and garage door icons. What would be another icon you'd like to see here?

Text Colors: You likely found that MobiLinc supports setting the text color in broad strokes. All ONs, OFFs, etc get the same color. It would be complex to support what you are asking at the individual device/scene level. Do-able, but an overly complex feature that wouldn't be used by many I suspect.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby ekuzmack » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:02 am

Thanks for the reply - I'll try those suggestions out.

For the Icons - yes. You've got the switch icon, but it's visually an "up/down" switch designed to show an on/off status. I'm looking for an icon that represents a pushbutton with a momentary visual of some sort. Nothing fancy.

For the colors - are you aware of a way I could flip the wires or something on my IOLINCs so they all report on/off the same way?

thanks!

Eric
ekuzmack

Postby AdminWes » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:08 am

Hi Eric,

Yes, the IO Linc has two input methods for the wires (NO/NC). NO is Normally Open and NC is Normally Closed. Depending on how the input wires are hooked up to these inputs will dictate how the IO Linc reports status of the relay sensor. My guess is that your IO Lincs are wired up opposite causing the disconnect in status reporting.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby ekuzmack » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:45 am

Thanks!
ekuzmack

Return to New Features for MobiLinc