Dimmers

Post your new feature requests here! Future development features will be announced here.

Dimmers

Postby shesmer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:42 am

In the current release it is hard to use dimmers because of the very small sliders. Also bright/dim just changes the value for 3% and I don't want to press that button 15 times to get to 50%.

Would would be very useful is if there would be an option with predefined levels, such as 25%, 50%, 75%. Those levels should be presettable.

Thanks for considering.
shesmer

Re: Dimmers

Postby AdminWes » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:39 am

If you go to My Settings->MobiLinc Settings->Device Dim/Bright Interval you can set the dim/bright percentage here globally for all your devices.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby shesmer » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:56 am

This isn't working for me. I did not change the default of 10% and when I select bright/dim in one of the insteon devices it steps by 3% not 10%.

Something I did wrong ?
shesmer

Postby AdminWes » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:24 am

Are you trying to Brighten/Dim a scene? If so, this is controlled by the ISY and 3% sounds about right. Externally we only have control over device dimming/bright levels.

If you are trying to do this to an actual device and not a scene, what device are you attempting to dim?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby shesmer » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi Wes,

that was it. It works through the device, not the scene.

I still would like to see the pre-defined buttons :)

-Stephan
shesmer

Postby AdminWes » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:58 pm

Hi Stephan,

Understood, however there's nothing we can do with scenes and dimming levels. There's an INSTEON technical reason why as the INSTEON tech does not convey scene percent ON levels. Since each device can be at a different dim level the technology is not capable of addressing the scene by a percent value.

We fake it in MobiLinc with our own internal algorithm to determine what the Scene Percent ON is, but this is purely calculated by us in software and is "read-only". Meaning, we can't command the scene to a different ON level.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby dlindamood » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:17 pm

request new feature: slider bar for widgets for devices that allow dimming :D
dlindamood

Postby AdminWes » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:33 am

dlindamood,

We'll revisit this. The reason that was not included is there is no status or feedback in widgets. So, when you pop up the Android widget, we didn't want a UI control (sliders) always showing OFF when in fact the device may be on. This is a limitation of the Android widget concept. Once you touched the slider and moved it, it would then command the device to your position, however, as soon as you close and reopen the widget, the slider would show OFF and be counter-intuitive for most folks.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to New Features for MobiLinc