Phillips Hue

Post your new feature requests here! Future development features will be announced here.

Phillips Hue

Postby ajiuo » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:36 am

Any chance of the app supporting theese bulbs? Phillips has made the API's open... Or would universal devises have to add support first?
ajiuo

Re: Phillips Hue

Postby AdminWes » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:45 am

Hi ajiuo,

The HUE looks interesting. We could build support for it in MobiLinc or the ISY could support it. It would be better long term for the ISY to support it since it could do more interesting integration with the HUE to bridge INSTEON and HUE together.

I do know that we and Universal Devices base our support decisions on market size so it would good to hear from others that have the HUE and voice their support for this in MobiLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby arw01 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:30 pm

I think the hue is cool, but wondering what the real world applications are for the bulb.. I mean one in the porchlight would be cool to make a little light show out of it, or for holidays and such..
arw01

Postby arw01 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:38 am

I have thought about the practicle uses, and as a notification system it might be pretty slick.

Blink or shift color momentarily to let the wife know it's 15 before she needs to be out the door for work in the bathroom (but how do you deal with the hue wanting to have power all the time on the wrong side of the switch)

change color when the garage door is open, all sorts of little subtle tricks.

Red when someone rings the door bell, blue if you might have to scrape the windows on your car..
arw01

Postby cartman413 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:18 pm

Since th bulb works over wifi and it has an open API, wouldn't this be doable just using ISY's network module?
cartman413

Postby AdminWes » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:25 am

Hi cartman413,

I would think so. You wouldn't be able to get status, but you should be able to command the bulb to go to different ON levels.

You can then integrate with MobiLinc by creating programs to run your network resources.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to New Features for MobiLinc