Multiple feature requests herein

Post your new feature requests here! Future development features will be announced here.

Multiple feature requests herein

Postby Mvgossman » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:41 am

Hi,

I have a number of feature requests, and I see that some have been addressed before but I'll mention them here:

1. "My favorite buttons" as someone else said - a page with little toggle buttons to turn lights on and off. As many as will reasonably fit on the screen (iPhone or iPad), rearrangeable of course, and with the ability to scroll below to see more of them.

2. Thermostat - I have a Venstar T1800 and I use it in my cabin so I can warm it up as I go there, keeping it at 49 degrees in the winter when not there. I currently set the temperature to 70 or 74 via a program which is configured to set the temperate to that setting so that I do not have to click "setpoint up" 21 or 25 times. Would be even better if there were a way to set the temperature to an arbitrary number via the Apple scroll-selection or a typed-in number.

3. Thermostat - my Venstar has multiple temperature time periods but I do not use them because I assume they would take over and override my setting with the MobilLinc. Would be great if I could control those individual settings directly from MobilLinc. This is not an area where I can afford to mess up - to have the temperate set below freezing in the winter would be disastrous. NOTE - I have programmed my ISY-99i to check the temperature twice a day and send an email and a text if it falls below 45 degrees, a "free" temperature monitor!

4. A better method for selecting the "Selected Profile" would be nice - I use it to control my ISY-99i's in my two homes.

Mitch
Mvgossman

Re: Multiple feature requests herein

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:59 pm

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for the feedback!

Here are my thoughts:

1. This is in the works and what I'm working on should address this.
2. I'm revamping the entire T-Stat interface to match my MobiLinc HD (iPad) version of the T-Stat now in beta testing. I can look at adding something like this to that new interface (good suggestion by the way).
3. I can't do much for you here. The ISY has to be able to get at this information and currently it does not provide this level of detail to MobiLinc. If the ISY were to change to get at the program setpoint info, I could add support for this in MobiLinc.
4. I'm assuming that the issue with the multiple profiles is the number of taps it takes for your to switch out profiles. I'm working on an enhacement that will reduce the number of taps all around and this might address your comment number 4.

Thanks!
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Re: Multiple feature requests herein

Postby Mvgossman » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:46 pm

You are correct, sir, the issue is the number of steps to change profiles.

Look forward to the update...

Mitch

AdminWes wrote:Hi Mitch,

Thanks for the feedback!

Here are my thoughts:

1. This is in the works and what I'm working on should address this.
2. I'm revamping the entire T-Stat interface to match my MobiLinc HD (iPad) version of the T-Stat now in beta testing. I can look at adding something like this to that new interface (good suggestion by the way).
3. I can't do much for you here. The ISY has to be able to get at this information and currently it does not provide this level of detail to MobiLinc. If the ISY were to change to get at the program setpoint info, I could add support for this in MobiLinc.
4. I'm assuming that the issue with the multiple profiles is the number of taps it takes for your to switch out profiles. I'm working on an enhacement that will reduce the number of taps all around and this might address your comment number 4.

Thanks!
Wes
Mvgossman

Return to New Features for MobiLinc