Easier to "Sync" - UI/Menu suggeston

Post your new feature requests here! Future development features will be announced here.

Easier to "Sync" - UI/Menu suggeston

Postby yeswork » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:28 am

Hi,

I use and enjoy Mobilinc Pro (4.00.2) every day.

I'd like to suggest making a "forced" sync (with my ISY) easier.

Currently the "tap to sync" button is buried down in Settings and Configuration, Lighting Controller, and then I have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to "tap to sync with ISY"

Please consider moving the "tap to sync" button up into Setting and Configuration, or at least moving it up on the Lighting Controller page, so it does not require scrolling down to find it. (How often does the first entry (HOST TYPE- ISY) need to be changed - that might get moved down?)

Thanks for your consideration of this idea.
yeswork

Re: Easier to "Sync" - UI/Menu suggeston

Postby AdminWes » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:40 am

Hi yeswork,

You actually shouldn't ever need to resync with your ISY once you've done the initial sync. Every time you start MobiLinc, MobiLinc will auto connect and pull down changes from your ISY if you have the "AutoSync over Wi-Fi" selected and you are on a WiFi connection.

The only reason you'd need to manually sync is if you have these auto sync options off and you made changes to your ISY's configuration.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Re: Easier to "Sync" - UI/Menu suggeston

Postby yeswork » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:44 am

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I do have autosync working.

However, when I am programming my ISY, I end up wanting to force a sync to see how my new "settings" are working.

Moving up the tap-to-sync would save me a few "finger flicks" on my phone and iPad.

Thanks
yeswork

Return to New Features for MobiLinc