IR control

Post your new feature requests here! Future development features will be announced here.

IR control

Postby risk1994 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:34 pm

Id like to use the ISY994i/MobiLinc along with the global cache itach device so I can control my TV/stereo (ir obviously) using my smartphone.

Is this possible? Specifically I want to able to use discreet on/off codes rather than the toggles available on the remote. This would allow me to properly turn on all necessary components reliably with one button.

Pretty sure the ISY can handle it but I havent purchased this hardware yet so wanted to make sure it was possible. What I want is a home theatre screen on my phone that will allow me to turn everything on and set correct inputs, then allow control for channel changes/volume etc...
risk1994

Re: IR control

Postby AdminWes » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:41 am

Hi risk1994,

Yes, this is possible. In fact several of our users do this.

Please see the UDI Wiki on integration with the Global Cache device: http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index ... ache_iTach

In the ISY you'd setup a Network Resource for each IR command and then create an ISY program to fire that Network Resource (or series of Network Resources). Then in MobiLinc you can "favorite" these programs to the Dashboard/Favorites page in the app to execute with a single tap.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby risk1994 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:04 pm

Thanks for the response. I guess what I really want answered is the bigger question...

The idea is to integrate everything, my home automation (insteon) with my whole house audio (multi-zone amp) and my AV system (TV and amp) to be controllable entirely from one central web enabled application (MobiLinc). A lot of this equipment is only controllable from IR so the global cache device along with an extremely flexible and customisable application would be necessary. (without spending $10,000 for a crestron)

Is MobiLinc that application? Can I have custom menu's and sub menu's (for example) to get the unified system I crave?
risk1994

Postby AdminWes » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:24 pm

Hi risk1994,

I don't MobiLinc is there where you want it to be. It currently integrates INSTEON/Z-WAVE/X-10, security, voice control, and IP Cameras well, but you won't find home audio, or TV controls...at least in the format you are looking for.

See my earlier response for integrating IR with the ISY and MobiLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to New Features for MobiLinc