New Thermostat pages and device restore

Post your new feature requests here! Future development features will be announced here.

New Thermostat pages and device restore

Postby slewis » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:21 pm

Hi,

The new Thermostat viewer is great. But was looking for a single summary page that shows a quick report of all thermostats.

- Can a summary page be created that shows all of the important info for each thermostat, like temparature, humidity and state
- Noticed that the Fan state, "i.e., Auto (OFF)" doesn't show "Auto (ON)" when in cooling or heating state. Not sure if this a bug or intented since you can assume that the fan is on when in cooling or heating.

For the device "Advance Options" the option to change the ramp rate and on level is nice. But it would be nice to add a restore button for when the kids change this locally.

- Add button on Advance Options page to restore device to the current settings. I can do this indirectly by change the ramp rate and on-levels but a restore button would mean a lot less clicking

thanks, Santana
slewis

Re: New Thermostat pages and device restore

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:47 am

Hi Santana,

For the thermostat summary page, how would you recommend that this be added? Would it be a swipe-able page at the first slot of the new Thermostats interface?

For the Auto (ON) to appear the Fan State module in the ISY associated with that thermostat has to report ON and the Thermostat needs to have the Fan be in Auto mode. Check the ISY Admin Console and see if that Fan State module is reporting ON or OFF.

Can you help me understand the restore option? What ISY action should MobiLinc take when restoring a device? Would MobiLinc need to remember the settings for each of the devices to replay the ON Levels and Ramp Rates back to the device? What would constitute as a good snapshot? Would this be an option under Settings to take a snapshot?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby slewis » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:02 am

For the thermostat summary page, having the first page be the summary page is good. Most times when I'm looking at the thermostats I'm not concerned with changing the settings but more with the conditions (temparature,humidity) and what the setpoints are. Also to soften the blow of an additional thermostat page you could make this interface reverse swipe-able so that you can get to your last thermostat more quickly, depending on swipe direction.

For the Auto (On) I checked and the fan module is not reporting "on" when the cooling module is on (and Auto is enabled). I do have the thermostat set to auto. It appears that when the thermostat is in auto mode the fan module never goes to on state. When I turn the fan on (w/o auto) the fan module goes to on state and the Mobilinc App shows ON (w/o Auto). So it appears that, at least with my setup, Auto and ON will not happen at the same time.

For the restore option, the Mobilinc should simply run the "restore" action which is already built into the ISY interface. This action pulls the existing ramp-rate and on-levels from the database and syncs the device. What you have implemented indirectly does this but with many button clicks, since I have to set each field to a different state then back to my original state (which is like restoring). When I look at your Advance options page it actually shows the on-level and ramp-rate that is stored in the ISY. So the functionality is almost there, just need to have 1 button called "Restore" to have the current ISY settings pushed to the device. This is very useful since many times my kids are changing the device settinsg locally by hitting the setup button. This way I can conveniently fix each device without having to bring up the ISY admin console.

So to answer your question, Mobilinc won't have to remember the on-level and ramp-rate since it appears that you're pulling this info from the ISY database. So no snap shot is required, if my analysis is correct.

Regards,
Santana
slewis

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:21 pm

Hi Santana,

Ah, ok. I understand your restore request. This shouldn't be too bad to do. We'll add it to our to-do list.

Thanks!
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to New Features for MobiLinc