More icons please!!

Post your new feature requests here! Future development features will be announced here.

More icons please!!

Postby mitch236 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:09 am

I just updated my iPhone's Mobilinc Pro and WOW!!! Much better graphics! The only thing I would ask for is more selectable icons. Also, it would be nice to allow the Favorites page to be viewed without the page breaks. You could keep the different selectables organized the way they are but I don't need to be reminded which items are Scenes, Devices or Programs.

Thanks for a great evolution!!!
mitch236

Re: More icons please!!

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:39 am

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions! What new ICONS would you like to see added?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby mitch236 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:38 pm

For my needs, I would like a water feature icon (I have a waterfall), a pool heater icon, curtain icon, and a gate icon.

How about the group headings, can they be removable?

Thanks!!
mitch236

Postby AdminWes » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:07 pm

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for the ICON suggestions. I've got them on my to-add/create list.

As for the headers...Let me think about how to show this so that folks who like seeing the breakout don't lose this functionality but I provide a collapsed version for those that want to see everything together.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jaywitherspoon » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:28 pm

Is there a way to create icons ourselves? It is not the price of buying, it is just more flexibility and having icons that are personal that only we would care about. That said, it seems like a battery icon makes sense for things like the motion sensor battery low...
jaywitherspoon

Postby AdminWes » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:38 pm

Hi Jay,

I've added a battery icon to our requested list.

We've thought about adding support for allowing custom images. It's 100% do-able, but we just haven't devoted the large amount of time it would take to implement this feature. Most folks don't even change the default images and only a few use the custom icons.

Instead we have focused our energies on other "bigger" features like IP Cameras, MobiLinc Connect, Voice Control, etc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Shinshi » Thu May 01, 2014 8:27 am

I too would love to see the ability to add custom icons. An icon that I would like to see would be for window blinds. I control my media room blinds with my ISY and the closest icon available is curtains. Although it works, a blind icon would be great!

In fact, I have jail broken my iPhone and created my own blind icons and substituted them for the water feature icons which I don't use. This has allowed me to have my own custom icon, but a jail broken iDevice is necessary to use them. It would be great if we had the ability to import our own custom icons to Mobilinc. Perhaps even upload them to the cloud so everyone could access them?
Shinshi

Postby AdminWes » Thu May 01, 2014 8:48 am

Thanks Shinshi,

We've added "Blinds" to our requested list of icons.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby rayzor » Thu May 29, 2014 12:30 am

Would like to see a 'stairs' icon with a light on/off toggle above the stairs :)
rayzor

Postby AdminWes » Thu May 29, 2014 6:34 am

Hi rayzor,

Thanks. We have this one on our to-add list.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Next

Return to New Features for MobiLinc