No scenes in "My Scenes" and only some devices...

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

No scenes in "My Scenes" and only some devices...

Postby slabelle » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:32 pm

Hi,

I just purchase the iLink software through the Apple Store. I have an ISY 26 controller with the latest version (2.7.0). I have the ipod toutch with OS 3.0. In "My Devices" it only show about 25% of my devices. I have nothing in "My Scenes". The UUID of the ISY is the right one in "My Settings". I am probably doing something wrong. Could you please help me?

Thanks,

Syl...
slabelle

Re: No scenes in "My Scenes" and only some devices...

Postby AdminWes » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:36 pm

Hi Syl,

I asked around over at the Universal Devices website and someone posted back that they are running 2.7.5/2.7.6 firmware with the ISY 26 and they aren't having any issues with iLinc.

Have you tried rebooting the ISY 26 to see if that may clear out the problem? Once the ISY comes back up, log into ISY through the web interface and verify all your devices and scenes are there. After you verify your setup, start iLinc on your iTouch and go into the "My Settings" page and tap the "Sync" button to re-sync iLinc with ISY. Report back what happens and we'll go from there.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby slabelle » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:44 pm

Hi Wes,

Thanks for your quick response. I did update my ISY 26 to version 2.7.6. I rebooted the ISY and verified that all my devices an scenes were there. I went to iLinc "My Settings" and did a "Sync", unfortunatly it did not fix my problem. I am still only seeing part of my devices and no scenes.

-I also delete all the devices from "My Devices" and re-sync, same problem.
-I tried using HTTPS, same problem.
-I tried restoring some of the devices that I was not seeing in iLinc using the admin console on the ISY, same problem.
-I tried renaming some devices using ISY admin console, same problem.
- Uninstall and reinstall iLinc on iTouch, same probem.

I tried to upload and attacment (ISI topology), but txt, docx and html extension does not seem to be accepted.

Let me know what next...

Thnaks again,

Syl...
slabelle

Postby AdminWes » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:17 am

Hi Syl,

Let's try this, open up your favorite web browser and type in the following:

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy/rest/nodes

Where xxx is your IP address of your ISY and yyyy is the port number your ISY is operating on. If port 80 you can leave off the :yyyy.

This command will list out all of your devices and scenes that ISY is reporting to iLinc. Please don't post the response in the forum as this lists detailed information about your setup. Please email me the result at: wes@mobileintegratedsolutions.com and let me take a look at what the ISY 26 is reporting back to iLinc. Maybe there is a clue in the XML.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby AdminWes » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:36 am

Followup to this topic:

Syl looked through the XML code that the ISY returned and saw that the name of one of the devices had the character "é". After renaming the device it fixed the problem.

The ISY was showing the character as a "Ú" in the XML code which caused a parser error in iLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments