Folders!

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Folders!

Postby mozman » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:59 pm

Wes,

I just purchased iLinc Pro, and wrote a generally favorable review for the App Store.

One thing I did mention, however, is that you really have to implement folder support. I have over 100 devices, and it's a major pain to find them in the list (which is way too long since every button on a Keypad is listed as a separate device!). Ditto for scenes.

However, if the initial screen of Ilinc had an iPhone spinner thing listing each of the rooms I have set up, and after choosing a room, I would see just the devices and scenes for that room, then this app would really rock. The ISY folder information is available in the REST/nodes output, so it should be doable to gather this information into iLinc.

In the mean time, thanks for putting control of all my lights "in the palm of my hand"!
mozman

Re: Folders!

Postby AdminWes » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:31 am

Hi mozman,

You're welcome!

I'm working folder support into my next release. The issue I'm working with is how to implement and support beta firmware features. Right now you have to be running a beta version of the ISY firmware to get access to the folder information. I need to be careful how to support this, as since the under the hood implementation is not finalized, if I support a beta feature early and then it changes iLinc breaks and it'll take 2 weeks to get an update approved through the Apple release process.

Hold tight, folder support will be here soon.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby mozman » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:20 pm

Wes,

Keep up the good work - I agree with your caution about support for beta releases of ISY firmware.

In addition to folders, I suggest adding an option to hide all KPL buttons except for the load button, since the secondary buttons can't be controlled anyway. This would help clear up some of the clutter in the device list.
mozman

Postby AdminWes » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:39 pm

Hi mozman,

I saw your other post about removing devices so I'll answer it here. Yes! You can hide unwanted devices and scenes from iLinc. Go into My Devices or My Scenes and perform a left-to-right finger swipe over the device/scene you want to hide. Tap the delete button (this only removes it from iLinc).

If you want to get your devices/scenes back go into My Settings and tap the sync button. iLinc will then unhide and sync with your ISY again.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby AdminWes » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:20 am

Hi mozman,

The 2.10 update has been release to Apple for approval:
http://www.mobileintegratedsolutions.com/utilities/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=155

I decided that the 2.7.6 firmware was stable enough to provide support though iLinc. iLinc now supports the folder structure if running 2.7.6 or later.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments