Favorites get deleted on failed sync

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Favorites get deleted on failed sync

Postby mb323 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:32 pm

It appears that if you attempt to sync and iLinc cannot communicate with ISY for any reason iLinc wipes out all devices, scenes, programs and favorites. The connection failure appears to be caused by iLinc not detecting the correct connection (auto HTTP) and times out. Attempting to sync again restores all devices, scenes, programs but not favorites.

Is there any way to save the favorties to a profile so they are not wiped out?

Also if you hit the "my lighting" in device list the app quits.
mb323

Re: Favorites get deleted on failed sync

Postby AdminWes » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi mb323,

I was made aware of the Favorites list problem just recently and am working on a fix for this. Thank you for the added detail as this will help in debugging the problem.

The "My Lighting" device row groups all the devices in the system in one table. It should say "ALL DEVICES" in the sub heading field of the row. Try performing a sync and select Refresh All to download and replace all devices in iLinc to see if that addresses the problem. Also try removing and re-installing iLinc. This isn't a know issue, but these steps may resolve the problem. If that doesn't work, can you provide the following information:

- ISY Firmware
- iPhone/Touch OS
- Jailbroken Device?

Thanks,
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Re: Favorites get deleted on failed sync

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:49 am

Hi mb323,

I just released version 2.11 to Apple for approval this weekend. In the 2.11 update I addressed the lost favorites on a failed sync problem. Now if you perform a sync and choose "Update Only" MobiLinc will save off the favorites list until the sync succeeds. So if you timeout, for any reason, and try it again, MobiLinc shouldn't forget your favorites list. I also fixed the Auto HTTP timeout issue as well. Look for the update to hit the App Store in the next two weeks.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments