Connection Timeout

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Connection Timeout

Postby PAP » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:48 pm

Hi,

I'm currently using iLinc Pro with ISY99i.

When using the iLinc Pro application over the 3G network (when no WiFi is available) I get the "Connection Timeout" message in such a short amount of time.

Is this short duration for a "connection timeout" normal? Is there something in my configuration or settings that can be adjusted to improve on the time connected to the home network before timing out?

One thing to note - I did max out the CWT settings in the ISY Shell, but it didn't add much to the timeout duration.

Also, when I open iLinc Pro do I need to perform a sync each time or does the application automatically retrieve the current status?

Thanks in advance for all your help

PAP
PAP

Re: Connection Timeout

Postby AdminWes » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:47 pm

Hi PAP,

No, you do not need to perform a sync each time you open iLinc. The only reason you would need to perform a sync (outside of the initial sync) is if you change/delete/add a device or scene to ISY.

As for the timeout problem, check that your connection method is set to Auto or HTTPS for your 3G connection. Also verify that your External IP/Port is correct. The short timeout period (can you give a time est? less than 3 seconds?) tells me that the IP for the external SSL connection is probably not correct. iLinc will change it's connection timeout setting depending if you are connecting over 3G or WiFi. For 3G it should timout in approx 30 seconds.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments