Variable results with Scenes

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Variable results with Scenes

Postby mitch236 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:45 pm

When I control my Scenes from local devices or my computer's Admin console, my Scenes run flawlessly. When I run my Scenes from my iPhone app, I get mixed results. If I send the same command three or four times from Mobilinc, it eventually gets all the devices but the first time I send a command, most but not all of the devices respond. Is there a difference in how the Mobilinc sends commands? I can't figure out why it is so different. The way I understand the app, it merely sends a command to change the Scene's status and the ISY does the rest but why is it so error prone?

I posted this at the UDI forum as well, hopefully I will get a full understanding of the differences between using a direct computer interface (the Admin console) and using a 3rd party app.
mitch236

Re: Variable results with Scenes

Postby AdminWes » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi Mitch236,

I saw your post and Michel's response over at the UDI forums. I agree with Michel. From the ISY's perspective both the MobiLinc app and the JAVA console interface/web interface look and talk exactly the same way to the ISY. The 3G test he suggested is a good test to try out to eliminate the Wi-Fi possible interference with ISY communication to your Insteon devices.

My experience with the scene issue is a little different. I've got a scene that doesn’t always drive all my devices on when executing through a timed program. Note that MobiLinc or the JAVA console is not involved in this timed program. I know it is a communication issue I need to figure out by adding an access point to my setup. When this occasionally happens I use MobiLinc to drive the scene to ON thus turning on the devices that failed to pick up the command from the program running in the ISY. This works almost all the time, but not always. Due to the communication issue I have, sometime I need to send the command just once, twice, or maybe three times to get the scene to respond. It doesn't matter if I do it from the JAVA interface or MobiLinc, the number of times I need to issue the command ranges.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments