iPad

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

iPad

Postby LHA » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:18 pm

Wes, will MobiLinc be supported in iPad?

Brent
LHA

Re: iPad

Postby AdminWes » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:50 am

Hi Brent,

Yes! I'm very excited about the iPad and the different possibilities the larger format gives developers. I am currently working a number of new features to bring to MobiLinc on the iPhone/touch platform and am also planning my approach to the iPad.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby tandar » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:34 am

Hi,
Great app for the iPhone.
I just got an iPad and was excited to use MobiLinc. However the app starts to load and then fails. I look forward to a dedicated Pad app, but for now should the iphone app not work with the iPad?
Thanks
tandar

Postby AdminWes » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:11 am

Hi tandar,

I'm receiving reports that MobiLinc crashes on the iPad on startup. I'm waiting for UPS to deliver my iPad today and will check this out ASAP.

Apple has advertised that apps on the iPhone will work on the iPad in their emulator, but apparently there is more to this.

As soon as I can I will look into this and make it a priority to get a fix out. I'll post back with my findings. Thanks for the heads up.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby AdminWes » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:49 am

All,

I was able to reproduce the crash on my iPad yesterday. It looks like there is some database code that works on the iPhone/Touch, but does not work on the iPad. I'm working on a fix and will post an update as soon as I can.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby gspence » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:18 am

Hey Wes, I've just purchased MobiLinc a few days ago and so far having a lot of fun setting up my ISY-99. I started out with the SmartLinc 2412N but as soon as I found out about the ISY, I purchased one and put my 2412N up on eBay. :)

I'm also an iPhone/iPad developer and would just like to echo my support for an iPad app. I hope you go the route of a Universal App and include it for people who have already purchased MobiLinc for the iPhone. The possibilities of using the extra screen real-estate are really cool.

As far as other suggestions for the app, I'd love to see the ability to control devices without using the popup window. For many devices you just need an On/Off state. I envision a custom TableCell that has the device name on the left and a switch control on the right. The switch would not only function as the current device status, but could send the command when the switch is toggled. This would make it easy to manage lots of devices with a lot less tapping of the screen. Perhaps when adding a device to favorites, you could specify on/off or dimming as the default control, and if they choose dimming, show a slider instead of a switch. Then operating the slider could set the dim level.

Thanks again for your work on the app. I look forward to seeing more updates from you!
gspence

Postby AdminWes » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:16 am

Hi gspence,

Thank you for your purchase and I'm glad you are enjoying setting up your system and working with your new ISY-99i.

Thanks for the suggestion. This is one area I'm tackeling with a new approach to device and scene control. It won't be with switch and dimmer controls in-line with the name, but something similar to reduce the number of taps to control a device. It will accomplish the same end goal as the switch and dimmer, but have a cleaner interface.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby midrar » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:44 pm

Do you think you will have something before the end of the year?
midrar

Postby AdminWes » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:39 pm

Hi midrar,

That is my (ambitious) goal. I hope to have MobiLinc for iPad out for the holiday season. The first iteration will support the same controllers and general features of the current version of MobiLinc but reformatted and refactored for the iPad. I plan on supporting the ELK security panel either in the first release or shortly after with support for IP cameras and more following.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby midrar » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:14 pm

Wes,

Just wanted to know if your still on schedule on releasing something for the holiday season? If not, do you have a time frame of when you think you will have something ready for production? Thanks
midrar

Next

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments