Lite Version Startup Crash

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Lite Version Startup Crash

Postby 38Cord » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:21 pm

Have put together a bench setup using a Cisco switch, ISY-99i, PLM and one I/O module. After jumping the hurdle of having to update iphone OS, Mobilinc lite was downloaded and would open. Today the app crashes on startup every time after showing the MOBILINC screen for about 1 second. Same result after deleting the app and reinstalling.
38Cord

Re: Lite Version Startup Crash

Postby AdminWes » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:27 pm

Hi 38Cord,

Which iOS version and device are you using so that I may attempt to reproduce? We are updating the Lite version for release to Apple here next week for the the iOS5 launch to also bring it in alignment with the current Pro version. If MobiLinc Lite first worked when downloaded it from the App store, a complete delete and re-install on your device should reproduce the same initial successful behavior. If not, what (if any) changes were made to your test bench setup?

To delete find MobiLinc Lite on your iPhone desktop (not the task tray). Press and hold till it shakes and then tap the "X" to delete it. Re-download from the App Store. If re-downloaded MobiLinc Lite should auto-find your ISY and ask for your username and password.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby 38Cord » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:25 am

iOS v 4.2.1

Connecting the phone to iTunes on a PC and allowing automatic resynch to occur cleared the problem.

As noted, delete/reinstall would not correct the issue.

No changes were made to the test setup. Hardware chain is; Fiber in from ISP, WRT54GL, Trendnet switch, Cisco SG 300-10P switch, ISY 99i ver 2.8.16

Sorry for the delay in response.

Router setup has the ISY DMZ'd. This was the only way I was able to get Mobilinc working. Any suggestions on a more elegant solution for configuring the router.
38Cord

Postby AdminWes » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:35 pm

Thanks for the followup.

I can't see a reason that the app would crash due to the ISY location in your network. The likely answer based on your description is that the data files from MobiLinc Lite were (or had gotten) corrupted somehow. Deleting the app and reinstalling should have wiped out all the app data. Apparently it took a complete resync from iTunes to get the bad data to clear and the reinstall to take.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments