-5012 error when exiting Mobilinc

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

-5012 error when exiting Mobilinc

Postby mitch236 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:20 am

I have Mobilinc Pro and while I was debugging my ISY, I noticed every so often a series of three -5012 errors. When I investigated what these may mean, I was told that a client that was connected to the ISY had exited ungracefully. So I experimented and have found that it occurs when I exit the Mobilinc app. Its really not much of an issue, I was just wondering if I were doing something wrong?

Thanks!
mitch236

Re: -5012 error when exiting Mobilinc

Postby AdminWes » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi Mitch,

When you press the "Home" button on your iPhone/touch/iPad to exit out of MobiLinc, MobiLinc will attempt to send the Unsubscribe message to the ISY before the OS shuts down MobiLinc (very small window of opportunity). Since this is a best attempt service before the OS shuts MobiLinc down, the unsubscribe message doesn't always make it to the ISY.

Another possibility is that for whatever reason the connection between MobiLinc or the ISY JAVA console was interrupted at some point causing a disconnect to occur. Since the error message just indicates that a "client" disconnected ungracefully it could be MobiLinc or the ISY Java console.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments