Sync hang V3.07 on iPhone 4S iOS V5.1

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Sync hang V3.07 on iPhone 4S iOS V5.1

Postby Alaska » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:48 am

Hello Wes

I am a somewhat experienced ISY-99 user. I am using this technology to remotely monitor and control a home in Anchorage. I put MobiLinc Pro on my 3GS iPhone last October or November. Everything has been working beautifully, until my iPhone failed a week ago and I replaced it with iOS 5.1 on a new 4S.

I loaded a new copy of MobiLinc Pro V3.07 from iTunes, but now cannot successfully sync to the ISY. I don’t think it is a communications or HTTPS problem, because the “Download All” sync process proceeds normally for quite a while, and then always hangs at the same place.

However, I do get a message box once at a random point in the process: Communications Error – Unable to connect to the destination – Please verify airplane mode is OFF. After answering OK to this message, the sync process appears to run normally until the hang.

After invoking the sync, the correct ISY UUID is returned. Then the sequence:

Syncing with ISY -

Retrieving Configuration
Parsing Program List
Parsing Program Status
Parsing Devices and Scenes
Parsing Address: NNNN or NNNNN Details (Some number of these with 4 or 5 digits)

And finally:

Parsing Address: 19 45 F2 1 (This is where it hangs, and it will sit here indefinitely)

The device 19 45 F2 1 is the first device in my alphabetized list of Insteon devices. The device type is a 2642D KeypadLinc 8 Button dimmer V3.9

I loaded the most recent MobiLinc Lite and the results are identical.

I have tried both the 4G network and a number of WiFi connections, again with identical results.

The ISY is a 99i/IR Pro (1050) and the load is V3.1.10

I have a static public IP address.

You have a very useful product and I just love it. I painfully miss it at this point.

Sincerely,

Alaska
Alaska

Re: Sync hang V3.07 on iPhone 4S iOS V5.1

Postby AdminWes » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:59 am

Hi Alaska,

What MobiLinc is doing at that point is it is attempting to retrieve information about your individual KPL devices including information about exclusive buttons or toggle settings for that KPL.

It's likely that the ISY isn't returning a response causing the error you are seeing. Why the ISY isn't returning a response to MobiLinc request I'm not sure about. I noticed that your ISY is running a fairly old beta firmware version. The first thing I would do is upgrade your ISY to the latest official release 3.1.17.

Another troubleshooting step would be to remove that KPL and re-add it back to the ISY to see if that clears up the response.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Alaska » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:58 am

Hello Wes

You suggested the problem was with the ISY99 tables, and that I should delete the “hanging device" and re-add it. I was afraid to do this, since everything worked fine with my notebook, and I didn’t want to jeopardize my functionality from Florida.

I am now back in Alaska, and I can report the problem is not with the ISY. Once I was closer and had a shortened IP path (still ssl public, not local) the sync works fine. I made no changes to anything upon my return to Alaska. I believe you have a timeout which is too short for a complex device at a great distance. The hang device is a 2642D keypad dimmer, and it has a complex load. I did rename it last April to move it down in the list of devices, and it still was the only device which would hang during the sync. The ping times from Florida to Alaska are fairly long.

Please look into this for me. I really like MobiLinc, but it was of no use to me from Florida.

Kind Regards and Thanks,

Alaska
Alaska

Postby AdminWes » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:34 am

Hi Alaska,

Would it be possible for me to connect and sync to your Alaska home from my lab in Arizona? A little shorter distance than FL, but maybe it will expose the same problem. Unless I can duplicate it here, it's going to be impossible to fix.

Three items:
- Please upgrade to 3.09 if you haven't already from the app store.
- Have you tried setting up MobiLinc Connect (My Settings->Lighting Controller->Host Type->MobiLinc Connect) and tried connected to your ISY through our cloud service?
- You shouldn't have to re-sync with your controller after the initial sync. My recommendation would be to turn off the Auto-sync settings under My Settings->Lighting Controller so that MobiLinc is requesting the minimum set of data to connect to your ISY.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Alaska » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:21 am

Hi Wes

Thanks for the great tech support.

I'm now on 3.09 (as of several weeks ago after my return to AK on Juky 10).

Auto sync has always been turned off for both local and public https.

I really don't want to use the cloud service if I can avoid it.

The problem occured when I had to replace my iPhone and sync from scratch in FL.

No problem in you connecting here. Let me know how to get the credentials to you.

Again, Many Thanks for the Great Support.

I really like MobiLinc and I have looked at all the alternatives.

Kind Regards,

Jere
Alaska

Postby AdminWes » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:49 am

Hi Jere,

Great, thanks. Hopefully I'll see something when connecting here from AZ.

Please send your credentials to: support@mobilinc.com

Thanks,
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments