iphone stopped working over 3g

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

iphone stopped working over 3g

Postby bmiller » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:53 am

My i phone was working over 3g for a couple of weeks, and now it won't sync with my isy. I get a network error after it times out trying to retrieve information. I still have the dhcp reservation and port forwarding as before. The console still shows the same address for my Mac. I have tried HTTP and HTTPS via ports 80 and 443. Nothing works. It works fine on my wireless. Disappointed as i tried to use it yesterday while out of town and nothing.
bmiller

Re: iphone stopped working over 3g

Postby rmobley » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:51 am

Must be on Mobilinc end, mine has not sync since yesterday.
rmobley

Postby AdminWes » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:36 am

All,

I'm assuming both responses are NOT using MobiLinc Connect, correct? If you are directly connecting to your ISY, the most common reason is the ISY has received an updated (and different IP) from your router thus breaking the port-forwarding rules established in the router. OR your ISP as changed your router's external IP Address and needs to be updated in MobiLinc.

You can verify your external IP by going to: http://whatismyip.com from a local PC.

Also, please check the router's port forward table and confirm that the ISY's IP address and port still are in aliment with the actual ISY's IP and port settings.

I would highly recommend that you change over to using MobiLinc Connect as MobiLinc Connect was designed to be tolerant of changing IP addresses both at the ISY level and at your network ISP level. Also, there are no network settings to configure which allows you to close your open network ports that expose your ISY to the internet.

To get started with MobiLinc Connect, please launch MobiLinc while you are on your local network and go to My Settings->Lighting Controller->Host Type and select MobiLinc Connect. Follow the instruction on creating a new account.

If you would like to have me help to diagnose the direct connect problem, please send the following to support@mobilinc.com:

MobiLinc Lighting Controller Settings:
Local IP:
Local Port:
Secure IP:
Secure Port:
Connect Method:
Host Type:

Router Settings:
External IP address:
Port forward IP:
Port forward Port:

ISY Settings:
IP Address:
HTTP Port:
HTTPS Port:

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby rmobley » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:42 pm

Here are the details; Using MobiLinc Pro on Iphone connected to wifi, getting a Network Error- Error Code:0, request timed out. I am able to access my ISY on my PC and the ip has not changed. This has happend once before, on a Saturday and started working the next day. So assumed it was something being reset since it fixed itself before. Any suggestions?
rmobley

Postby rmobley » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:34 pm

I am using Mobilinc Connect.
rmobley

Postby bmiller » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:04 pm

My ip address is still the same. Nothing has changed anywhere that i can see.
bmiller

Postby AdminWes » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:42 am

bmiller - Thanks for sending the info to the support account. We're working with you through email to solve the 3G settings issue.

rmobley - The most common reason that someone might not be able to access their ISY through MobiLinc Connect is that the ISY needs the DNS IP address refreshed from the ISP.

Please check your ISY error log. If you see DNS errors that indicates that the ISY's DNS IP it has or used to have is outdated and needs to be refreshed either through the normal DHCP expiration time or if manually configured with fixed IPs, please verify the DNS IP address as provided by your ISP is still correct.

Also, other troubleshooting items we've seen with a few folks is to reboot the router and your ISY to clear any old DNS IP cache that may be causing the issue allowing the ISY to remain connected to our service.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby bmiller » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:36 pm

My problem turned out to be internet over 3g. I could make phone calls, and wi-fi internet worked ok, but not on 3g. I had the service provider reset something from his end, and he said if it happens again to turn the phone right off, and then back on again, as that solves a lot of minor issues with the iphone. All is ok. Mobilinc on 3g works again.
bmiller

Postby AdminWes » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:27 pm

Thanks bmiller for the update!
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby rmobley » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Just to add one thing, my iPad was not able to update also. Today my iPhone was able to update, I first noticed this about 11:30AM. I have done nothing, it just started to work. This is the 2nd time I have had this happen since getting the isy99 6 months ago.
rmobley

Next

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments