MobiLinc on an iPhone

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

MobiLinc on an iPhone

Postby Fredo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:29 am

What is the best version of MobiLinc to use on an iPhone? I am linking to an ISY-99i
Fredo

Re: MobiLinc on an iPhone

Postby AdminWes » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:52 am

Hi Fredo,

If you think you might get an iPad in the future (or if you already have one), go with MobiLinc HD. It'll run just like MobiLinc Pro on the iPhone, but is a universal application so that you can run it on your future iPad in the iPad's native resolution.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Fredo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:49 am

How many devices can I download MobiLinc HD to for one purchase? I have an iPad, and an iPhone. In addition, my wife has an iPhone. Do I need to purchase 3 copies? My wife is has an Apple account different from mine. Could I login on her phone using my Apple ID?
Fredo

Postby AdminWes » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:01 am

Yes, under Apple's sharing rules, you can log in using your account and download paid apps to the iOS device. They call it app sharing and I think it's limited to a certain number of times you can do that. Otherwise, you can re-download your paid apps onto all your iOS devices you use normally with your iTunes account.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby djones1415 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Wes:

I bought the MobiLinc Pro for my iPhone 5. I also have an iPad (like the first generation, if that matters). I thought the Pro was for the phone and the HD was for iPad only...but it sounds like HD will run on the iPhone? Is there a way to upgrade the Pro to HD and replace the Pro on my iPhone with the HD app...or have I screwed up and I'll need to purchase the HD even though I already have the Pro?

Thanks
djones1415

Postby AdminWes » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:06 am

Hi djones1415,

MobiLinc HD will work just fine on your 1st Gen iPad so long as it running the latest iOS 5.

We made MobiLinc HD a universal app so that it would run on all iOS devices. Unfortunately, Apple doesn't have any way to "upgrade" from one app to another different app.

I've heard of some users having success with purchasing MobiLinc HD and then contacting Apple explaining that they really wanted MobiLinc HD instead of Pro and asked for a refund of Pro. Not sure how that works in all cases, but some have had success with this.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments