Thermostat not showing Heat / Cool State

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Re: Thermostat not showing Heat / Cool State

Postby jmine » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:50 am

I just did a download all to sync, this eliminated the word HEATING that would not go away from under the temp display on MobiLinc Pro. But when I up the heat and the heat comes on the heat cool state in the ISY changes to heat on, but the MobiLinc app does not report this change, even if I hit the query icon while the unit is heating. This was working fine until the last update! :(

Other things are not refreshing as they used to before this last update, status like garage door open/closed used to refresh as soon as the door was closed (before the last update), now requires individual query of the device to show actual status.

Any chance Wes you could relay this issue to the developers so they can get it fixed?
Thanks,
John
jmine

Postby AdminWes » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:11 am

John,

As far as we are aware, there are no issues with MobiLinc displaying status for device/thermostats, etc.

What I suspect is happening (and what we've seen in the lab) is that the ISY is disconnected from the INSTEON device where a query resyncs the ISY to the INSTEON device in question so that status flows correctly from the device to the ISY to MobiLinc/Admin Console.

How does the Admin Console report status for these devices? MobiLinc and the Admin Console should be in sync as both get their information from the same source.

As for the Thermostat, it would be best if I can connect to your system to see how the thermostat is added to the ISY. There will be issues if the thermostat was added manually and not "auto-detected" by the ISY. Also, if you've upgraded firmware to the latest 3.3.10, you might need to remove and add the thermostat back in (let the ISY auto-detect it) to get everything properly in sync.

Send me your connect info to: support@mobilinc.com and I'll take look.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jmine » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:20 pm

Wes,

What I don't understand is why both the ISY Web Page and Admin Console will show the status change indicating the heater is running, but even if I refresh MobiLinc it remains unaware and does not show the status as HEATING (as it did before the update). Even doing a ISY sync when the thermostat status shows the unit as running, does not change the status on the MobiLinc app to show it is running.

I have deleted the thermostat from the ISY and allowed it to discover the device again, but still the MobiLinc app will not show if the unit is running or not, even though the status changes just fine in the ISY.

There is a problem! This was working fine until I updated the MobiLinc app.

You connecting to my ISY will only confirm the ISY is showing the changes and the MobiLinc app is NOT able to report on those changes.

I will be home all next week and if you would like to work with me to explore what might be the issue I would be glad to give you as much of my time as needed. As indicated by others I am not the only one the last update affected in this manor. I'm sure you would like to get this solved as much as I would like to have the functionality back!

I will email you (support@mobilinc.com) with my cell number, feel free to call me anytime next week.

Thanks,
John
jmine

Postby AdminWes » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:34 pm

Sounds good John. It would be good to connect to a system that is showing this behavior. Our Venstar and INSTEON thermostats in our lab connected to our ISY-994i 3.3.10 work as expected.

Looking forward to the email and call next week.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Joe B » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Wes,

I am going to be upgrading my ISY to a 994i in the next few days. If I still see the issue after that, I will email you the connection information. Thanks for your help.

Joe
Joe B

Postby AdminWes » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi Joe,

Sounds good. I'm talking with John on Monday and will post back what I find out. My guess is that you and John are experiencing the same issue (whatever the root cause turns out to be).

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jmine » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:33 am

I did some follow up testing by installing MobiLinc on my iPad and found the Heat/Cool State indicator was working as expected! I shared this with Wes and he suggested: ", have you tried force quitting MobiLinc? Double-tap the home button, find MobiLinc in the task tray, press and hold till it shakes, then tap the “-“ button. Wait 10 seconds then re-launch MobiLinc. That will clear out any bad data from memory and pull the info direct from the database." I usually do this to ALL my apps on my iPhone 5 weekly but I had neglected to do this for a few weeks... In any event I did a force quit on all apps and reloaded the MobiLinc App and the Heat/Cool State started working. There is still the question why the status on some devices (mostly I/O Links) require individual query to show proper status, and do not update on a all device refresh, but that will be a separate issue.

Thanks Wes, and I hope that Joe's issue turns out to be the same simple fix.
jmine

Postby AdminWes » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:51 am

Thanks John for the follow-up!

Joe, does this also address the same issue you are seeing?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Joe B » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:45 pm

Wes,

Yes that helped to restore the heat/cool status. What also helped in showing the status of all my devices was to run a "Rebuild Modem (PLM)" on the ISY which rebuilds the device links in the PLM. After I did that everything was working normally.

Joe
Joe B

Postby AdminWes » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:14 am

Thanks Joe.

Yes, if the PLM/devices are out of sync, then real-time status definitely gets impacted. Glad you are back up and running!

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments