Thermostat not showing Heat / Cool State

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Thermostat not showing Heat / Cool State

Postby jmine » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:01 pm

Prior to upgrading my Iphone and Ipad to V3.13.00 I would see the word Heating under the temp being displayed in the app when the thermostat was calling for heat. If I go to the ISY 994i admin I can see the ISY is aware when the Thermostat is heating, it just is not being displayed on the MobiLinc Pro thermostat display any longer.

Any help in getting this working would be appreciated as it was good to see when the heater was actually running.

Thanks,
John
jmine

Re: Thermostat not showing Heat / Cool State

Postby AdminWes » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi John,

It sounds like it's possible the data MobiLinc has for your ISY isn't in sync anymore. Try this in order to see if any of these steps brings everything back in sync:

1. Keep MobiLinc and the Admin Console open. Through the Admin Console, query the thermostat. Verify that the Admin Console refreshes the thermostat status indicator. Watch MobiLinc during this to see if MobiLinc displays the Heating/Cooling indicator like the Admin Console.

2. Remove the thermostat from the ISY. In MobiLinc go to My Settings->Lighting Controller->Sync->Update Only. Verify the thermostat is removed from MobiLinc. Add your thermostat back into the ISY. Start MobiLinc and sync again. Verify the thermostat is added back into MobiLinc and is displaying the Heating/Cooling indicator just like Admin Console.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Joe B » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:31 pm

I am seeing the same issue as jmine. I also noticed that the devices in my favorites list do not update their status when I do a refresh. If I refresh each device by itself, it will update its status. I was wondering if jmine had any luck getting the thermostat status to display again.
Joe B

Postby AdminWes » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi Joe,

I think your ISY is out of sync with your Insteon devices. Try doing a manual query on each device to get the device and your ISY talking again and exchanging status information.

When refreshing from the Favorites page, that will ONLY grab the status from the ISY. Please note that this does not cause a device query to occur.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Joe B » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:14 am

Wes,

I followed the instructions you posted, but I am still not seeing the heat/cool state. I am seeing any changes to the temp set point and the fan state. This was working fine before the last update. Any suggestions?

Joe
Joe B

Postby AdminWes » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:39 pm

Joe,

Can you confirm that the Admin Console displays and changes the Heat/Cool state correctly?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Joe B » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:29 pm

Yes, it does.
Joe B

Postby AdminWes » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Thanks.

I suspect that the thermostat in MobiLinc is disconnected from your real thermostat. (MobiLinc caches off the data from the ISY for fast startup times.)

Here's what I recommend. Do a full sync to restore a clean copy of the data from your ISY. Go to My Settings->Lighting Controller->Sync->Download All.

Note: A Download All will erase and re-download the data. All custom settings like Favorites will be erased as well.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Joe B » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:12 am

Wes,

Tried a full sync, same result. Mobilinc is reporting the correct temp., just not the heat/cool status. Also, the fan status will sometimes show "---" until the status changes and then it will show Auto/On correctly. Both these used to work fine until the last update. Is there any way I can revert to the previous version to test this out?

Joe
Joe B

Postby AdminWes » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:05 am

Joe,

There's no way to revert to an older version of MobiLinc unless you have an iTunes backup on a computer somewhere.

These issues aren't related to a MobiLinc update. I can confirm that the "---" is because right after an ISY reboot, the ISY doesn't appear to send out fan state information until the fan state is changed. Then it tracks. Not sure if this is an ISY or thermostat issue, but that's the behavior of what we see when we've debugged this in the past.

As far as Heat/Cool status, can I connect to your ISY to see what's happening? If so, please send my your ISY connection information to support@mobilinc.com

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Next

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments