Switched from Smartlinc to the ISY-26

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Switched from Smartlinc to the ISY-26

Postby nathanstl » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:42 am

Just something very small I noticed coming from the Smartlinc. Whenever I pull up the app and look at the thermostat it doesn't refresh anything now since I switched to the ISY. It used to refresh on startup with the smartlinc, but now I have to manually hit query thermostat. Like I said very minor, but maybe a easy fix to, or possibly something I've changed?
nathanstl

Re: Switched from Smartlinc to the ISY-26

Postby AdminWes » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:12 pm

Hi nathansti,

What version of the ISY-26 and Thermostat Adapter are your using? Have you tried forcing the query operation through the ISY Java console? Once the query happens through the ISY Java console does it maintain sync? If not, you may have an older version of the thermostat adapter.

With MobiLinc on the SmartLinc, MobiLinc will issue an automatic query refresh. On the ISY, MobiLinc only gets the subscription info offered by the ISY. If the ISY doesn't know what the state of the thermostat is, then MobiLinc won't know either unless you hit the Query Thermostat button.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Re: Switched from Smartlinc to the ISY-26

Postby AdminWes » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Hi nathansti,

I just happened to run into this very issue today when I was testing between the SmartLinc and the ISY. I hadn't seen this before today. What I did to fix it was I removed power from the thermostat and reapplied power 15 seconds later. The ISY didn't have any problems at that point communicating with the thermostat adapter.

There may be a more elegant way to solve this, but this is what worked for me.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments