SmartLinc and Orchestrated MobiLinc problems

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

SmartLinc and Orchestrated MobiLinc problems

Postby dougchapin » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:02 am

My MobiLinc Lite iPhone app works great with my SmartLinc!
However, I purchased the Orchestrated MobiLinc app and can't get it to work. I copied the Local-http:// settings from the MobiLinc app and pasted into the Orchestrated app, but when I sync, it just times out and gives me a "failed to connect" message. Help.
dougchapin

Re: SmartLinc and Orchestrated MobiLinc problems

Postby AdminWes » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:08 am

Hi Doug,

Oh no Doug! I'm sorry, but Orchestrated MobiLinc is only compatible with the ISY line of controllers. Orchestrated MobiLinc includes the Resource Manager plug-in and that plug-in will only work with the ISY so therefore the limitation to the ISY line of controllers. Please check the description on iTunes and on the website for compatibility across the different versions of MobiLinc.

MobiLinc is expanding rapidly into different lines of controllers and platforms and supports the different controllers uniquely. Do you have any suggestions on how can I make this distinction more clear on the website and iTunes?

I would recommend one of the following:
1. Contact Apple and explain the mixup and ask for a refund.
2. Use the purchase of Orchestrated MobiLinc and use the included promo code to upgrade your SmartLinc to the ISY over at http://www.orchestratedhome.com. Orchestrated Home will discount the cost of the Orchestrated MobiLinc app if you purchase one of their ISY packages. With the ISY you could then take advantage of the Resource Manager technology in Orchestrated MobiLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby dougchapin » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:09 pm

So, by adding the ISY-99i (do I add it or does it replace the SmartLinc?)
http://www.orchestratedhome.com/shop/pc ... tm#details
the Orchestrated MobiLinc should work?

I am new to this automation and assumed that since the interface on MobiLInc Pro and Orchestrated MobiLinc were the same, they wold work with the same devices. I still don't quite understand - I guess ISY-99 and 2412N are different protocols?

As for iTunes, I guess if you added under the requirements "does not work with SmartLinc" that might help.

Thanks
dougchapin

Postby AdminWes » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:10 pm

Hi Doug,

Yes, the ISY would replace your SmartLinc. Make sure that when you order it it comes with a PLM and the firmware on the ISY is 2.7.15. If you email their customer service they can confirm this. Very nice people to work with. The PLM powers the ISY and plugs into your wall outlet to communicate to your INSTEON devices and firmware 2.7.15 is required for Orchestrated MobiLinc and Resource Manager.

There are only a handful on INSTEON controllers on the market, the ISY and the SmartLinc are the two popular ones. While you could have both in your setup, it doesn't make much sense to do so. The ISY is more expensive than the SmartLinc, but the ISY is very configurable, easy to use, and can make setting up your INSTEON network a breeze. Plus, the MobiLinc line of apps were written origionally for the ISY including Resource Manager and Orchestrated MobiLinc.

Each INSTEON controller has different features. The SmartLinc is good for small setups, but I would recommend the ISY for all setups as it allows for custom programming and ease of configuration to suit your home automation needs. Orchestrated MobiLinc and Resource Manager need the custom programing aspect of the ISY to implement the Resource Manager technology. The SmartLinc does not have this kind of customization or power. As you explore home automation, the ISY will be able to grow with you.

Thanks for the suggestion for iTunes. I will include the "does not work with SmartLinc 2412N" under where it says the ISY 2.7.15 firmware is required.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jiuer7845 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:25 pm

jiuer7845

Postby jiuer7845 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:32 pm

jiuer7845

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments