Geo Fence Capability

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Geo Fence Capability

Postby Handyman300 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:09 pm

I have 3 personal active Smarthome systems that I move between. My office, my primary house, and my lake house. How does the geo-fence work in this case ? Do I have to have the profile for the specific location for it to be updated or will it update all 3 with the same variable ? For instance:

I leave my house in the morning and I am driving to the office, I would like to turn on the AC and lights in the office
I leave my office at night and I would like to turn the AC on at my house.
I leave my lakehouse and I want to turn on the AC at my primary house
Lots of other options but you can see the need.

It looks like you have to have the profile activated in order for it to update the variable. Which is a pain because as I drive back and forth between my office and my primary house, I don't switch the profiles all of the time as drive between my office and house.

Please let me know how the geo-fence works with multiple profiles ?

Mike
7 ISY Systems Installed
Handyman300

Re: Geo Fence Capability

Postby AdminWes » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:15 am

Hi Mike,

Good news! We specifically tested this scenario.

What you'd have is a profile for each ISY setup in MobiLinc. Then, you'd configure each location under the profile that the location is associated with.

MobiLinc writes the geo-fence variable to the location/ISY/profile that the location was configured under.

MobiLinc does NOT need to be running or even on the specific profile for the location variable to update correctly. For example, the last active profile in MobiLinc could be your home, but when MobiLinc get's the geo-fence update that your iPhone is at the office, MobiLinc will update your office ISY with the variable change. This is assuming that the office location was intended to update the office ISY. You could easily create the location at your office but intended for your home ISY.

In short, what you are describing is absolutely possible to do and we tested to make sure that multi-profiles were supported without relying on the active/running profile in MobiLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Handyman300 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:17 pm

This is great, exactly what I need ! Now I just to figure out the programming logistics. Only thing better would be reduce the resolution of the geofence to a meter.

Mike
Handyman300

Postby AdminWes » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi Mike,

Yes, smaller resolution to Geo-fencing would be great. Right now iOS supports 100 meters as the lower resolution.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby GuitarBuilder » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:54 pm

I'm intrigued: how does one set up Geofencing in MobiLinc?
GuitarBuilder

Postby AdminWes » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:16 am

Hi GuitarBuilder,

Please see our walkthrough: http://youtu.be/9-N-8Go016I

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jiuer7845 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:33 pm

jiuer7845

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments