how can i connect insteon hub

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Re: how can i connect insteon hub

Postby Jdawgsd » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:02 am

Now that the Insteon Hub has been deprecated in favor of the Hub II, and next year a bridge device to go along with it for Apple HomeKit integration ... I must ask what Mobilinc's future support for the hub looks like. I loved the voice features of your software via my smartlinc, however it, and Houselinc have become legacy. Is the lone solution planned to only support the aging ISY controllers?

Thanks,
Concerned for the future of Insteon
Jdawgsd

Re: how can i connect insteon hub

Postby AdminWes » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:11 am

Hi Jdawgsd,

Just to clarify, MobiLinc never has supported the HUB product. MobiLinc supported the SmartLinc long before Smarthome wrote their own app. With the discontinuation of the SmartLinc in favor of the HUB and HUB II, Smarthome has their own apps that support these products that we opted to not compete with.

Instead we've worked very closely with Universal Devices to provide their app support for the ISY including creating a best-in-class cloud solution for the ISY and MobiLinc that can provide real-time access to the ISY anywhere in the world without network changes or port forwarding along with real-time push notifications.

We are very happy with the capabilities of the ISY controller as it far exceeds anything else on the market.

I'm not sure I understand the "aging" ISY controller comment. UDI released their updated ISY-994i within the last year along with the Z-Wave/INSTEON compatible ISY here in the last month. It's been a very busy year for both of our companies!

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Previous

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments