994i UUID dumped out of mobilinc

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

994i UUID dumped out of mobilinc

Postby fo4ever » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:00 pm

I inadvertently switched the mobilinc connect host to isy vs. mobilinc with an errant finger brush on an ipad. No problem, ill switch it back.

Well, the UUID is now blanked. all zeros. That means I cannot log in, even with my user name and password.
Even more frustrating, I cannot direct connect with out the UUID, either. If I knew this was so critical, I would have taken a screenshot! I thought saving the username and password was sufficient.

Now, my $70.00 app is completely, utterly, useless.

Is there any way I can get the UUID without traveling 2000 miles to where it is located? A "forgot/missing UUID" button, perhaps?

Cant even tell you how frustrating this is. It shouldn't be so easy to lose the UUID!
fo4ever

Re: 994i UUID dumped out of mobilinc

Postby AdminWes » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:01 pm

fo4ever,

I responded to your support email with the information you needed.

Please reply to the email chain if you need further assistance.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby fo4ever » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:44 pm

Thanks. Still trying to figure out why the UUID went blank in the first place.
fo4ever

Postby AdminWes » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:02 pm

fo4ever,

Just to close the loop in the public space, the UUID and most other controller specific settings are cleared when changing the host type. The setup is really designed to be setup once and forgotten. If someone is changing the host type, the app is under the assumption that the user is completely changing the method the app should use to talk to the ISY or is connecting to a new/different controller. As a result, the old data is assumed to not apply moving forward and is removed or cleared for the new controller.

If the app was on the local network, it would have picked up your ISY automatically. The issue you saw comes into play only when external and changing controllers/host types.

There's always room for improvement and I've got this on our to-do list to see if there's a better way to handle this.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jiuer7845 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:59 am

jiuer7845

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments