Multi-device confusion.

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Multi-device confusion.

Postby TheSidewinder » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:17 am

As I posted in another section of this forum, I have a 994i with Orchestrated Mobilinc, IP Cam Plugin, and the stand-alone IP Cam viewer.

When I purchased OM, I'd swear I read that buying one copy would allow the install of OM on "all your mobile devices" or... something like that. I can't find the page I was thinking of, but re-reading a bit more I may have misread, so thought I'd ask.

I have an iPad Mini, and a Galaxy S3.

If I had only iDevices, I suspect this would be a non-issue since purchased apps usually allow you to install them on all your compatible Apple items such as iPad or iPhone.

But if I want OM (or the Droid equivalent of it) on my S3, do I have to buy another copy? At full price? And the IP Cam plugins?

Thanks!
TheSidewinder

Re: Multi-device confusion.

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Hi TheSidewinder,

Purchases made on the Apple or Google platforms can be installed on other devices under that platform that use the same iTunes or Google ID per the license agreements from Apple and Google.

So, since you purchased OML, you can install it on all your iOS devices that use the same iTunes account. Same with Android. Purchase MobiLinc Pro for Android and you can install it on all your Android devices that use the same Google ID.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby TheSidewinder » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:50 am

Ouch. That's.... not in the budget at the moment.

I'll have this Droid phone until November, when my contract ends, and I'm jumping ship to an iPhone at that time. So purchasing an app that I know will be of no use to me beyond then, doesn't really make financial sense.

But.... do those who've purchased OM get any discount on the ML Pro, perhaps?

Thanks in advance. :)
TheSidewinder

Postby AdminWes » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:30 am

Hi TheSidewinder,

Since you already have OML for the iPad, just install OML on your new iPhone when you switch from Android. OML and MobiLinc HD are Universal apps that will run on all iOS devices. MobiLinc Pro is an iPhone only app.

OML and MobiLinc HD when running on an iPhone looks like MobiLinc Pro.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby TheSidewinder » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:21 am

Yeah, that will work once I get the iPhone, but that's 10 months away.

No "existing customer" discount on the MLP then, I assume. Owell. :D
TheSidewinder

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments