Scene Status With Multiple Devices

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Scene Status With Multiple Devices

Postby robroymm@gmail.com » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:51 am

ISY 994i/IR firmware 4.05 and Mobilinc Pro v4.00.01
The scene status displayed when a scene is on, appears to be the average of status values of the devices in the scene. For example if the scene has two lamps and I set the scene, when on, to turn one on and one off, the scene status displayed is 50% when the scene is on. If I have three lamps and set the scene to turn one on and two off, the scene status displayed is 33% when the scene is on.

Ideally, one would want to have something similar to what is supported on the 2415n where a single device within the scene can be assigned as representing the status of the scene.

Is there a workaround to get scene status to represent whether the scene is actually on or off, not what the average status of the devices in the scene is?
robroymm@gmail.com

Re: Scene Status With Multiple Devices

Postby AdminWes » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:23 pm

Hi robroymm@gmail.com,

What's happening is MobiLinc is looking to your ISY's scene definition for what defines the scene. By default all devices placed into a scene will default to 100% ON when the Scene is told to turn on.

MobiLinc takes the ISY's scene information to calculate scene on levels. If all devices match the scene's definition for ON, then the scene is ON. If there's a mis-match then MobiLinc falls back to calculating scene percentages.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments