dashboard insteon addresses

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

dashboard insteon addresses

Postby jaherrerab » Tue May 06, 2014 9:07 pm

I am using Mobilinc Pro for iPhone 5, but it is happening some out of control.
When I turn on or turn off (in devices) any of the four selected devices to the dashboard, are working properly. But when I turn on or turn off three of them in the dashboard, don't work fine. They are sending an Insteon address different!

Device / Insteon address / Address sent from the DashBoard /
1. Livingroom / 15.69.83 / 00.00.22 /
2. Bath / 15.6A.81 / 00.00.21 /
3. Lobby / 15.6D.BF / 00.00.20 /
4 Kitchen / 15.09.B8. / 15.09.B8 /

Below the messages from "devices" compared to the messages from the dashboard.

Suggestions? thanks.
Attachments
event viewer ISY99.jpg
event viewer ISY99.jpg (90.49 KiB) Viewed 7605 times
jaherrerab

Re: dashboard insteon addresses

Postby AdminWes » Thu May 08, 2014 6:31 am

Hi jaherrerab,

It sounds like the internal database in MobiLinc is not in sync with your ISY's configuration. Please go to:

MobiLinc->Settings->Lighting Controller->Sync and choose Update Only.
Retest.
If that didn't solve the issue, then please select the "Download All" option when syncing with your ISY.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jaherrerab » Sat May 10, 2014 9:05 am

On all devices, I did it (what you suggested) , but it neither works.

Searching beyond, a possible diagnosis will be that from the dashboard ( in Mobilinc pro or HD), devices that aren´t controllers for others (through scenes) work fine, the others don't work.

In the above data, the bath room, the lobby and the living room have the following configuration:

1.Bath ( BanoAuxiliar ) is controller for controlCocina.B (in ControlEntradaBBanoAuxiliar scene) .
2.Lobby ( Entrada.shadow ) is controller for ControlCocina.C (in controlEntradaCCocina scene).
3.Livingroom ( SalaComedor ) is controller for ControlCocina.D (in ControlEntradaDSalaComedor scene).
(Since these devices are turn on from themselves or from a remote keypad button,
these scenes turn on the buttons on the remote keypad when the devices are turned on from themselves.)

Instead, the kitchen presents this one:

Kitchen ( ControlCocina.1 ) isn´t the controller for a device in any scene.

I insist that if I turn on or turn off the devices mentioned in "Devices" everything works fine. Also, in Mobilinc HD using the diagram of the dimmer, it does not work, but when entering the settings of the device and turn it on or off, it works well. Please see image.

The current configuration is:
1. ISY 99i pro with firmware 3.3.10 .
2. Several iOS devices as controllers running Mobilinc Pro
3. A IOS device running mobilinc HD .

What do you think? thanks a lot!
Attachments
photo4.png
photo4.png (195.67 KiB) Viewed 7579 times
jaherrerab

Postby AdminWes » Sat May 10, 2014 11:24 am

Hi jaherrerab,

When you go into the device settings and tap the "ON" row (or any of these rows), MobiLinc is sending that command directly to that device.

If you use the switch icon or tap any device icon on the iPhone, MobiLinc looks to see if that device is a controller of a scene. If it is a controller, then MobiLinc tells the scene to turn on or off instead of the device.

It appears that MobiLinc is telling the scene to turn ON/OFF, but the scene isn't responding. I would recommend the following:

- In the ISY's Admin Console delete the scene that isn't responding.
- Recreate the scene with your controllers/responders.
- Verify in the Admin Console and through the physical devices that the scene works as intended.
- Open MobiLinc and go to Settings->Lighting Controller->Sync->Download All.
- Locate your device controller of the scene in My Devices and tap its icon to turn the scene on/off.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments