iPad Feature Parity with iPhone?

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

iPad Feature Parity with iPhone?

Postby rayzor » Tue May 27, 2014 11:45 am

I am not sure if I am missing something, however it seems that the iPad version is missing a lot of features that the iPhone has.

Biggest one for me is the Dashboard - I want one page with my favorite devices, scenes and programs instead of having 3 different tabs for these. Ideally my wife would never have to leave this page, but she is now required to know if what she wants is a scene or program or device - bad WAF :(

Second one is custom icons for devices. I don't want it to look like the device (because with 20 devices they all look the same). The iPhone allows me an icon for the garage and a different icon for a light, etc.. Yet I can't seem to display that on the iPad.

Lastly, even on the favorites (which I would like to be more like the dashboard) I can not order them manually - so my sprinklers are scattered all over the place mixed in with lights and garage doors.

Am I off on this? Should I have bought Mobilinc HD? (I thought OML was the same thing with 1 more feature?).

Thanks
rayzor

Re: iPad Feature Parity with iPhone?

Postby AdminWes » Tue May 27, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi rayzor,

Your observations about MobiLinc HD are correct. All the features you've identified are an active work in progress for the iPad/MobiLinc HD/OML interface to bring these features from the iPhone over to the iPad.

I can't comment on a timeframe, but I can confirm that these are being actively worked.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Re: iPad Feature Parity with iPhone?

Postby rayzor » Tue May 27, 2014 1:06 pm

Thanks Wes, and thanks for the prompt response.

I am hoping this will be sooner rather than later, but thanks for confirming that they are being worked on.

A big feature request from WAF point of view - she would like to see a sidebar on the left where they 'MY FAVORITES' is taking up space which is just a scrollable list of IP camera thumbnails. When you touch a thumbnail (could be a live thumbnail or updated every second) it would bring up that camera.

To the right of this camera sidebar would be the dashboard of devices/scenes/programs.

Thanks
rayzor

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments