Zwave Power Reporting

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Zwave Power Reporting

Postby yeswork » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:40 am

Hi,

I use and enjoy Mobilinc (v4.0.20) every day. Thanks for the growing support of Z wave.

I am confused by the "Energy" reporting.

I see a big round blue pie with a tiny,tiny purple slice, with a number (in my case 0.92KW)
Below that I see a rectangle with a purple icon with ZW 005 Energy Meter 0.57 kWH and a blue Icon with "Other Energy: 650.73.KWh)

When I touch the blue pie, IT ROTATES 90 degrees counter clockwise and changes its number to 1.19KW. Touching the pie again, make it JIGGLES but nothing else seems to happen.

My zwave equipment includes an Aeotec’s Z-Wave Home Energy Meter (bound to ISY as ZW 004) and a Aeotec Zwave Smart Switch (bound to ISY as ZW 005, two nodes - on/off and power).

Looking forward to better understanding of the Energy reporting.

Thanks
yeswork

Re: Zwave Power Reporting

Postby AdminWes » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:22 am

Hi yeswork,

The pie chart is an overview of all your energy reporting equipment. If one of your channels is designed to be an overall energy channel (whole home) then under Settings->Energy Settings you can have MobiLinc autodetect this channel as the entire home channel where everything else would be considered a sub-circuit.

The small sliver is your plug meter and everything else is the rest of your home's energy footprint.

On the iPad (MobiLinc HD) you gain an added energy gauge that reflects what you have selected in the pie chart. See: http://mobilinc.com/features/energy/

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby yeswork » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:57 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I am still a bit fuzzy on a few things.

1) Some energy data is from a "named" device (Like zw 005) and some energy data is from "other" - what is other? - How would I find that out?

2) Rotation and Jiggles - Why does the pie chart (or at least the tiny sliver) rotate 90 deg counterclockwise when I first touch the pie chart?

Why does the pie chart then jiggle, when I touch it again? Is something supposed to change; it seems to display/stay the same.

3) Labels - the tiny sliver, seems to be have a number associated with it (e.g. 0.92 KW) yet the label below in the same color lists 0.57 KW. And the big pie has no number on it, yet the same color icon below shows 650.73 KW. I am confused as to what is referencing what.

Thanks for your help.
yeswork

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:26 pm

Hi yeswork,

1) Some energy data is from a "named" device (Like zw 005) and some energy data is from "other" - what is other? - How would I find that out?

The Other energy is the delta between your subload (zw 005) and your whole home monitor. Think of the pie chart as 100% of your energy footprint. Sub loads are named. Everything else is the "other" energy consumed in your home.

2) Rotation and Jiggles - Why does the pie chart (or at least the tiny sliver) rotate 90 deg counterclockwise when I first touch the pie chart?

On the iPhone this don't really do much unless it's an iMeterSolo. When selecting the pie piece on the iPad the gauge would change to show you just that pie piece energy. On the iPhone/iPad if the pie piece is the iMeterSolo you'll be prompted to query the iMeterSolo.

3) Labels - the tiny sliver, seems to be have a number associated with it (e.g. 0.92 KW) yet the label below in the same color lists 0.57 KW. And the big pie has no number on it, yet the same color icon below shows 650.73 KW. I am confused as to what is referencing what.

The number in the pie piece is the current wattage being reported by that device. Or in the case of the large pie piece, this is the "other" energy active in your home which is a delta of the whole home energy channel minus the sum of all the sub load devices.

The label below the pie chart is the total kWh consumed as reported from that device.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments